76 - Cuddles With Sirius

"Happy birthday." I say to Sirius as he walks into the kitchen. I had been making him breakfast, hoping to wake him up with food, but he has apparently woke up before I finished cooking it.

He wraps his arms around me from behind, snuggling his head into my neck.

"How dare you abandon me." He mumbles. I smile amusedly.

"I'm making breakfast." I argue.

"You abandoned me."

"I was hungry."

"I wanted cuddles."

"I can cuddle you after breakfast."

"Mean."

"Do you want food or not?" I say jokingly. "Because if you keep been an ass I'll just not feed you."

"You are so mean." He mumbles, finally letting go of me to pout at me. I laugh lightly.

I gently kiss him and his pout is replaced by a smile.

"C'mon, food is ready." I say.

We go sit in the living room and eat breakfast.

Its a nice peaceful morning.

Once we're both done eating, Sirius lays down, his head on my lap, looking up at me with a loving smile.

"What're you smiling at?" I say, running my hand through his hair.

"The prettiest person ever." He responds and I smile. He sits up to kiss me before laying back down

"I thought you were the prettiest person ever."

"We are both the prettiest person ever." He says.

"You know that doesn't make sense."

"It does make sense." He nods.

"Alright, fair enough," I say. "Now, wanna make a cake?"

"Of course." He says, excitedly sitting up again.

We bake a cake together and then spend the rest of the day cuddling and eating cake.

~*~*~

"Y/n, come on."

"Sirius, it is too late at night for this crap." I groan in response as Sirius tries to drag me out of bed.

"It'll be fun, I promise." He says.

He cant sleep, and that is apparently my problem. But he is my problem and I love him, plus if I'm tired tomorrow I'll make that his problem.

I get out of bed, smiling slightly as he takes my hand. He practically drags me down the stairs and out into our back garden. When we get out there, Sirius summons a blanket and throws it onto the ground. We lay down and I snuggle into his side.

"What the hell are we doing outside?" I ask quietly.

"Stargazing." Sirius answers, looking up at the sky.

I listen intently as he begins pointing out constellations and stars that he can name, also occasionally making comments about the "stupid pureblood assholes" that are named after those constellations and stars.

"Y'know, I used to want to change my name," Sirius says. "It was a long time ago, back when things were really bad with my family. I wanted nothing to do with them and their stupid tradition of naming us all after stars and constellations."

"Really? What would you have changed your name to?"

"I have no idea," He says. "I ended up dropping the idea after James suggested the name 'Snuffles.'" He must notice the confused look on my face because he then goes on to explain it. "It wasn't long after we became animagi and we were thinking about nicknames for each other, James apparently thought Snuffles would've been a more fitting nickname for my dog form."