45 - Good News and Bad News

"Happy Birthday." I say to Sirius once he comes down stairs in the morning. 

He comes over to me, wrapping his arms around me and nuzzling his head into my neck. 

I press a kiss to the top of his head. 

"What're you up to?" He asks. 

"Making you a cake," I answer. He lifts his head from my shoulder and smiles. "It's for later, you can't have it now." 
He pouts. 
"Quit pouting," I lightly whack him on the arm. "I've made cupcakes, you can have one of those." 

His smile returns as I hand him a cupcake. He takes a huge bite of it. 

"Thank you." He mumbles, cake still in his mouth. 

"Stop speaking with your mouth full." I playfully scold him. 

"Nope." He responds, cake crumbs going everywhere. 

"You are disgusting." 

"But you love me." 

"I guess so," I say, kissing his cheek. "I'm going to go see if Leo is awake." 

I head upstairs, quietly opening the door to Leo's room and walking in to see he's awake. 

"Morning baby," I say, lifting him into my arms. "Wanna go downstairs and say 'happy birthday' to your dad?" 

He's still half asleep, so he doesn't give me a proper answer, instead mumbling incoherently and cuddling into me. 

I change him and then put him into some cute clothes before taking him downstairs. 

Sirius, who was now sitting on the couch in the living room watching tv, smiles when he sees us walk into the room. 

I sit down beside Sirius, passing Leo to him. Leo says some garbled nonsense, which vaguely sounded like 'happy birthday' and Sirius chuckles, a huge smile on his face. 

We relax for a little while then we all have breakfast. 

"So, what time is everyone coming round at?" Sirius asks. 

"Some time in the afternoon." I shrug. 

"So the time for my birthday party is going to be 'sometime in the afternoon' until 'whenever we're all so drunk we pass out'?" 

"Yep," I smile. "Which reminds me, we're going to have to drop Leo off at the Potter's sometime soon." 

We chill out for a while before apparating with Leo to the Potter's house. 

We're greeted by James' parents, who wish Sirius a happy birthday. We spend a little bit of time at their house before heading back home and preparing for the party. 

We put out a bunch of snacks and drinks. Our friends start arriving and the party begins. It's just a small party with our close friends, a chance for us to be together, have fun and get drunk. 

We'd cast a soundproofing spell on the house so we can be as noisy as we want without disturbing anyone else, so we loudly play some music and all sing and dance along with it. 

This is the first time in so long that I've drank a lot, and since having Leo my tolerance to alcohol seems to have decreased, so I got drunk pretty quickly. 

The night is a blur, all I really remember is that it was fun. 

I wake up with a terrible hangover. 

"Morning." Sirius says softly, looking as though he's been up for a while. 

"No." I groan, shoving my face into my pillow.