84 - Christmas Fun

After the incident, Marlene becomes a Secret Keeper for her and Dorcas. This keeps their house hidden from anyone they don't want around, which is great. It definitely stops me from worrying about them as much. But of course this doesn't stop them from still coming over all the time - how else would Marlene annoy Sirius? 

The first task of the Triwizard Tournament happens, all three kids send letters about it. Harry reassures me that everything went well and that I don't need to worry about him, Rosalie tells me every detail about how scary it all was, and Leo's letter is just entirely about how awesome the dragons were. 

I'm upset when I find out the boys wont be coming home for Christmas. There's going to be a ball for everyone in fourth year and above, and anyone in younger years can go if they are asked, but Rosalie said she'd rather die than go to a dance - and she doubts anyone older would ask her anyways, so she wouldn't be allowed to go - so at least she'll be coming home. 

Sirius and I go shopping for dress robes for the boys and then afterwards we go out for lunch. 

~*~*~ 

I smile as the train pulls into the station. 

I notice how there is much less people getting off the train than there usually is, it really seems like most of the school is staying for the ball. 

I smile more as Rosalie walks off, Luna beside her. She smiles when she notices Sirius and I, says goodbye to Luna, and comes over to us. 

Sirius pulls her in for a hug and then I do the same. 

"So, how has school been?" I ask. 

"Pretty fun," She answers. "I'm so glad that I can finally take Care of Magical Creatures, it is so amazing." 

"That's great, I know you've been looking forward to that class," Sirius says. 

We head home, and begin all the usual Christmas festivities. It feels weird without Leo and Harry here, I don't like it, I miss them. 

Sirius manages to brighten the mood by badly singing along with Christmas songs like he always does as we decorate the tree. 

He then suddenly abandons Rosalie and me, rushing into the kitchen. 

"What is he doing?" Rosalie questions. 

"I recommend you don't question it," I respond, hearing the sound of cupboards opening and closing. 

I walk over to the kitchen, standing in the doorway. 

"What are you doing?" I ask. 

"I want to make cookies," He answers, still looking through all the cupboards. "Do we have any icing? I want to decorate them and make them Christmassy." 

I go look in one of the cupboards and pull out a small tub that has all the colourful icings we own. 

"I swear I already looked in there," Sirius mumbles. 

I smile amusedly. "Well, can making the cookies wait until we're done with the tree?" 

"Yeah, I guess so," He says. "I just had the idea to make cookies and wanted to see if we had all the ingredients." 

"Alright, come on," I say, taking his hand and walking back through to the living room, where Rosalie is still decorating the tree alone. 

"Thanks for abandoning me," She jokes.