49 - Weird Blob

The day of James and Lily's wedding we all wake up early. 

I'd spent the night at Lily's house along with Alice, Marlene, Dorcas and Mary, the boys were staying at me and Sirius' house. 

We have breakfast and then begin getting ready. We help each other with hair and makeup as we blast music. 

I notice Lily get lost in thought after she puts her dress on. She stares at the mirror, frowning slightly as she runs her hand over her baby bump. 

I go up behind her and wrap my arms around her, resting my head on her shoulder. 

"You look great," I say. She mumbles a small thank you, but still seems distracted. "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing." 

"That's clearly a lie, what's going on?" 

"I just think the dress looks stupid with the baby bump." She mumbles. Despite both her and Alice being seven months pregnant, Lily wanted to be married before she had her baby. 

"That's ridiculous," Marlene exclaims, hearing our conversation. "Lils, really, you look hot as fuck." 

"Marlene, despite saying it in a weird way, is right," Mary says. "You look amazing." 

"But a lot of my family are here, and they're going to be judgemental about the pregnancy." Lily says. 

"Y/n has a kid and another one on the way, you don't need to be worried about people judging you." Marlene says. 

"Well, someone had to be the family disappointment," I say and Marlene high fives me. "And, I plan on drinking some red juice out of a wine glass, it'll look like wine and it will terrify people. It's going to be awesome." 

"This is why I love you." Marlene says. 

"Is it too late to uninvite you two?" Lily jokingly says to us. I glare at her. 

"You're mean." I say. 

"Yep, but you love me." She says and I stick my tongue out at her. 

We continue getting ready, and we soon hear a knock on the door. 

"It's almost time," Sirius' voice says from the other side. "You ladies ready?" 

"Yeah, almost." I respond, checking myself in the mirror quickly before going over and opening the door. 

"Merlin, you look gorgeous," Sirius says, a huge grin on his face. "Wow." 

"You don't look too bad yourself," I joke, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Siriusly though, you look amazing." 

"Using that pun just made you a billion times more attractive." He says. 

"Can you two quit flirting," Marlene butts in. "We've kinda got a wedding to get to." 

"You're just jealous she isn't flirting with you." Sirius says jokingly. 

"And you're just jealous your wife loves me more than she loves you." Marlene retorts. 

"Alright, quit it, we need to go." Dorcas says before either of them could continue whatever the fuck this is. 

We all apparate to where the ceremony will be taking place. 

It was a pretty small wedding, but it was beautiful. 

I walk Lily down the aisle, like she did with me at my wedding. Lily and James say their vows and then once all the boring wedding stuff is over, we head to the venue for the party.