97 - Bored Without Him

I zone out through a boring Order meeting. I look over at Sirius when he lightly kicks my shin. 

I'm confused when he discretely slides a piece of paper into my hand. 

I'm bored, the note says. I would much rather be making out with you right now ;) 

I try my best to hide my amused smile. 

"Behave," I whisper to him. He chuckles lightly. 

The meeting goes on and on and on until I'm so bored I want to peel my skin off my body. 

"Sirius, would you be free for a mission this week?" Dumbledore saying Sirius' name snaps me out of my zoned out daze. 

Sirius glances at me for a quick second before answering. "Yeah, sure." 

The specifics of the mission are discussed and then the meeting is dismissed. 

"You're okay with me going on this mission, right?" Sirius asks me as we lay together in bed later that night. 

"Of course," I say. "I know you've been wanting to do more to help out. But you have to promise not to die." 

He smiles. "Alright, I promise I'm never going to die and that you're stuck with me until we die at the ripe old age of one hundred and seventy-two." 

"That is very specific." I chuckle. 

"Well, I've decided that's how long we'll live for," He says. "And we'll be the hottest old people alive." 

I laugh lightly, snuggling my head into his neck. 

"You're a weirdo," I say softly. 

"But you love me," He responds. 

So a few days later Sirius gets ready to leave. 

He pulls me in for a tight hug. 

"Be safe," I mumble. 

"I will," He responds. "And I promise I'll be back before you know it." 

"You better be," I say. "Because you know if you're gone too long I might just end up marrying Marlene." 

He chuckles, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. 

"I love you," He says softly. 

"I love you too," I respond, lifting my head from his chest and pulling him in for a kiss. 

"Quit kissing me or I wont be able to leave," He says, sighing slightly. 

"Well just don't leave," I mumble. 

He kisses me once more before pulling away. 

"I'll be back soon my Love," He says. "Just try not to worry about me, and keep yourself distracted." 

We say goodbye and then he leaves. 

I try to distract myself like he said, I read a book, I make myself some dinner, I watch a movie, but even though he's only been gone a couple hours I miss him already. 

The next day I head to Marlene and Dorcas'. 

"Already bored without Sirius?" Marlene questions amusedly as I go sit down beside her on the couch. 

"Well, I also finished the book I'm reading," I say. "So I really have no idea what to do with myself right now." 

"You really need some hobbies," Marlene says.