23 - Hogsmeade

The day after Sirius' party was exhausting. We were all hungover and tired, but luckily it was Sunday so we could sleep in until noon and then relax all day. 

Or at least, that's what the plan was. 

I was woken up by the sound of James trying to wake Sirius up. 

"Potter, I swear to god I am going to kill you." I mumble tiredly without opening my eyes. 

"Well sorry," He says, sounding the least bit sorry. "But I need to tell Sirius something." 

I nudge Sirius awake. 

"Sirius, wake up before I kill James." I mumble, Sirius just groans at me. 

"What do you want, Prongs?" Sirius asks and I feel him sit up beside me, which causes me to frown since he was no longer hugging me. 

"The greatest thing ever happened last night." James says, sounding way too happy. Like seriously, it is morning, I think, how is he so cheerful? 

"Just hurry up and tell me so I can go back to sleep." Sirius says tiredly. 

"Lily kissed me." James says. This causes me to sit up. 

"What?" I ask in shock. 

"Are you sure you didn't dream this?" Sirius asks. 

"No, it definitely happened." James says. 

"I'm gonna go talk to Lily." I say, getting out of bed. 

I grab one of Sirius' hoodies before I go since I was cold and say bye to the boys before heading to my own dorm. 

I enter the room. 

"You kissed James?" I exclaim. 

"Shut up." Lily hisses. 

"You kissed him?" Marlene questions, a huge grin on her face. I can already tell she is going to tease Lily so much for this. 

"Okay, maybe I did." Lily groans. "So what, its no big deal." 

"But it is a big a deal." Mary says. 

"And it is definitely a big deal for James," I add. "That boy has been pining for you for years. This is probably the greatest thing to ever happen to him." 

"Shut up." Lily mumbles, flopping down on her bed. 

I sit down beside her. 

"Lils, you know you're gonna have to talk to him about this." I say softly. 

"Not if I die." She mumbles. 

"That's true, but would you really rather die than confess your feeling to James?" 

"Yes." She answers. 

"I really should've expected that answer." I say. 

"Yes, you should've." Lily says. 

"Come on Lils, just talk to him." I say. 

"Yeah, I will," She says. "I just need a while to think about what I'm going to say." 

I nod my head in understanding as someone knocks on the door. 

Marlene answers the door and laughs. 

"You ain't getting a while to think." She says to Lily as James stands confusedly in the doorway. 

"Can we talk about last night?" James asks Lily as Marlene heads back to her bed, still laughing quietly.