72 - Worry

"Y/n!" I hear Sirius shout my name from the living room. "Y/n, we need to go to Hogwarts!"

I confusedly walk into the room. "What happened?"

I notice the tears forming in his eyes.

"Sirius, what the hell happened?" I ask again when he doesn't respond. "Is it Harry? Did he almost die again?"

"No," He mumbles. "Its Rosalie."

"What?" I respond.

"I- I don't know, McGonagall sent this letter, apparently she's been taken into the chamber of secrets. They don't- they don't know if she's alive."

Those last words feel like a punch in the gut. Tears start flowing from my eyes. No no no no no, this cannot be happening.

"Come on, we should go." Sirius says softly, wiping the tears from his own eyes.

He grabs my hand and we apparate to Hogsmeade, where we then very quickly rush to the school.

Hagrid, who was walking Fang around on the grounds nearby, saw us approaching the gate and let us in. I thank him as Sirius and I continue heading to the school.

I cant help but notice how empty the corridors are as we walk through them. Its rather eerie.

We arrive at McGonagall's office and Sirius just barges in, not bothering to knock.

McGonagall, who was sitting behind her desk, stands up as we enter, walking over to greet us.

She explains the situation as best as she can, but nobody at all seems to have any real idea of what's happening. All they know is that somebody has been taken into the chamber, and the only person who couldn't be found when all students were sent to their common rooms is Rosalie, so it must be her.

I unconsciously zone out as McGonagall talks. This is all too much to handle. My daughter is likely dead. God, she was right to be anxious about this whole situation, she begged me not to make her go back. Maybe if I just listened she'd be okay.

"I'm gonna go stand outside for a moment." I say, quickly standing up and walking out the room.

I hate leaving Sirius alone right now, he probably needs me as much as I need him, but I cant stay in there, I just need a moment to breathe.

I try my best to stop crying but I just cant.

I have to quickly wipe away my tears when I hear the sound of footsteps quickly approaching. I look down the hall and see Leo running over.

"Mum," He says as I pull him in for a hug. "I heard what happened with Rosie."

I sigh slightly, hugging him tighter. "It's going to be okay."

We stay silent for a moment, just hugging, both of us needing this comfort right now. Until Leo speaks again.

"Umm, not to stress you out with more bad stuff or anything, but Harry is nowhere to be found."

"What?" I exclaim, releasing him from the hug.

"Well, I heard that it was Rosalie that was taken into the chamber, and I started freaking out, so I went to go see how Harry was doing because I knew he'd probably be freaking out too, but apparently nobody knows where he is, or where his friend Ron is. That's why I'm here, I was coming to tell McGonagall."

"Fuck." I mumble. I head back into McGonagall's office, Leo following close behind me.

Sirius pulls his son in for a hug the moment he sees him, and then Leo explains to McGonagall that Harry and Ron are gone.