3 - Sirius' Birthday

Warning: Anxiety attack(just in the last section of the story, so don't read if you don't like reading that kind of stuff)

I head down to the common room. It was Saturday so I expected a lot of people to be inside, especially since it was the beginning of November and the weather was beginning to get really terrible. 

What I didn't expect to see was James setting up decorations. 

"What are you doing?" I ask him. 

"I'm throwing Sirius a huge birthday party, everyone's invited." James explains. "You should come, I know Sirius would want you to be there." 

"I dunno," I say. "Parties aren't my thing." 

"Suit yourself," James says. "But it'll be fun, and Sirius will hate it if you're not there." 

"Are you trying to guilt me into coming?" 

"Maybe." James says, trying to sound innocent. "Is it working?" 

"Not even a little bit." I say. "Where is Sirius? I want to wish him a happy birthday." 

"He's up in our dorm." James says. "Also, if you're going up there, could you get Remus to come down and give me a hand."

"Yeah, I'll do that." I say before walking up the stairs to the boys dorms. 

I find the room I was looking for and knock on the door. 

Remus answers it.
"Hey Y/n." He greets me. 

"Hey Remus." I say with a small smile. "James wants you to go down and help him decorate." 

Remus sighs. "Fine." He mumbles. He smiles at me one more time before walking past me and heading down the stairs. 

I walk into the room.

"Hey." Sirius greets me. He was sitting on his unmade bed, smiling brightly at me. 

"Happy birthday." I say, walking over and sitting down beside him. 

"Thanks." He says. "So, will you be coming to the party?" 

"I don't think I will." 

"Why not?" Sirius asks. 

"Parties aren't my thing." I say. "But for you, I'll make an exception." I add upon seeing the frown that had formed on his face. 
Great, now I have to go to the party. 

His usual smile returns to his face. 

We talk for a while, but soon James, Remus and Peter come up the stairs, telling us they were done decorating. 

We all head down to the common room, where there was music playing loudly, a bunch of people dancing and singing along. 

The evening went by rather slowly. Most of my time was spent sitting on the couch, drink in hand, questioning how I even ended up agreeing to come here in the first place. 

I was taken away from my thoughts when Sirius sat down beside me. 

"You weren't joking when you said parties weren't your thing." Sirius comments. 

"No, I wasn't." I say. "You don't have to sit here with me, go have fun." 

"Dance with me." Sirius says. 

"What?" I question. 

"It'll be fun." Sirius says. 

"I don't dance." I insist.