41 - The Wedding

Sirius and I have been planning our wedding for a few months now, but since we just want it to be a small event, the planning didn't take very long.

It'll take place in the Potter's garden, which is great because their garden is lovely and it's a place that's special to Sirius.
Lily will be my maid of honour, James will be Sirius' best man.
Everyone's outfits have been bought, my dress is gorgeous. 
Flowers, cake, everything. It's all ready. 

The night before the wedding I stay at the Potter's, so does Sirius but we sleep in separate rooms due to the stupid tradition where the bride and groom can't see each other before the wedding or else it's bad luck, which is a load of crap. 

The next morning Lily wakes me up early, Alice brings me up some breakfast, Marlene, Dorcas and Mary arrive and we all hang out for a while before getting ready. 

We put on some music to make getting ready more fun. 

We start with the hair, all of us helping one another, and then move onto makeup. 

We chill out in our pyjamas for a while since we still had plenty of time before the wedding. 

I begin feeling more and more nervous as the time for the wedding gets closer. I don't even know why I'm nervous, I'm so excited to marry Sirius. 
But what if we're being crazy? We're nineteen, that's a crazy age to be getting married at. 
No, I'm just being stupid. Sirius and I love each other and want to get married, that's all that matters. 

I'm taken away from my stupid thoughts when it's time to put on our dresses. We carefully put the dresses on, making sure not to ruin our hair and makeup.

We all look amazing. 

We were looking at ourselves in a mirror one last time when we hear a knock on the door. 

"Are you ladies ready?" We hear James ask from the other side of the door. Lily smiles and goes to answer it, and when James sees her his jaw literally drops. It's quite amusing actually. 

"Wow," He mumbles. "You look... wow." 

"Oi, keep it in your pants Potter." Marlene says with a laugh and James breaks out of his trance to glare at her. 

"As if you weren't just drooling over Dorcas." Alice says to her. 

"I was, and I'll admit it," Marlene responds. "My girlfriend is hot as fuck, I'll drool over her if I want to." 

Dorcas just rolls her eyes, a smile on her face. 

"I hate to break up whatever this is, but it's time to get this wedding started." James says. 

We all make sure we're ready and head outside. 

Once we're out there, music starts up for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle. 

"Y'know, it's not too late to marry me instead." Marlene jokingly whispers to me as she waits for her turn to go. 

I laugh quietly. "Yeah, you wish."

She jokingly blows me a kiss as she leaves to walk down the aisle. 

I roll my eyes, chuckling quietly to myself. 

"You ready?" Lily asks me, linking her arm with mine. The tradition is to have the bride's father walk her down the aisle, but there's the slight issue of my dad being dead, so Lily is going to walk with me. 

"As ready as I'll ever be." I say, leaning my head on her shoulder for a moment before standing up straight again. 

"Do I have permission to laugh if you trip and fall?" She asks amusedly.