73 - A Quick Summer

I smile as the kids jokingly bicker over breakfast, having a very heated discussion over something stupid. Remus is sitting at the table, reading the newspaper though he has an amused smile on his face as he listens to their conversation.

Sirius comes into the room, wrapping his arms around me and pressing several kisses to my cheek.

All three kids jokingly make throwing up noises.

~*~*~

"Honey, I'm home!" Marlene jokingly exclaims, walking into the house.

"Sup weirdo," I greet her with a smile as she comes and sits beside me. "May I ask why you're here?"

"Wow, it's as if you don't love me," She jokes. "But Dorcas is busy today and I got bored."

I chuckle lightly. "Of course."

"So, where's Sirius? Usually he'd be here calling me annoying by now."

"I'm not feeling great today, woke up with a shitty headache, so him and Remus took the kids somewhere. I'm not entirely sure what they're up to, but it's nice to get some peace and quiet."

"Are you feeling better?" She asks. "Because if not I'm regretting the way I entered the house."

I laugh. "I'm fine. Your grand entrance didn't kill me."

"Good," She says. "Otherwise I would die because we are soulmates and our hearts are connected."

"What?" I laugh.

"I don't know." She says, also laughing.

"It's pretty much lunch time, have you ate yet?" I ask, changing the subject.

"What? Are you suggesting I eat you?" She asks, a smirk on her face.

"Behave or I'll get your wife to come beat you up," I joke, whacking her arm. "Do you want lunch or not?"

"Yes please." SHe says, smiling innocently.

I chuckle and we head through to the kitchen.

I make lunch for both of us, Marlene making flirty and inappropriate comments the whole time, y'know, as she does.
Seriously, why did Dorcas marry her? Marlene is a total moron. A total moron that is my best friend.

After lunch we hang out, the tv playing in the background as we talk.

Soon though, Sirius, Remus and the kids come home.

"Hey," Sirius greets me with a smile and a kiss. The kids once again be immature and pretend to throw up as they all head up to their rooms. Remus says hello to Marlene and I before also heading upstairs.
"Feeling better?"

"Yeah, I am, thank you." I say.

"And what's Marlene doing here?"

"I'm here doing your wife." Marlene jokes, throwing her arm over her shoulder.

"Wow, so you weren't really sick? You just lied to get me out of the house so you could have sex with Marlene? How could you do this?" Sirius jokes overdramatically.

I chuckle. "Sorry babe, she's my true love."
I lean my head on Marlene's shoulder.

Sirius just sighs, a smile on his face - apparently he's gotten used to me and Marlene's weird friendship - and sits down on the other side of me.

"So, what were you up to today?" I ask Sirius, my head still not moving from Marlene.

"Not much, we went out for breakfast and then got ice cream." He answers with a shrug.