6 - End of Fifth Year

Sirius and I were once again studying for our OWLs together. This had become a regular thing. Though I did feel a bit awkward around Sirius for a while after the dream I had but I brushed it off, saying that the dream mean nothing and pretending it never happened.

I was beginning to feel more and more stressed about the upcoming tests. The tests that could decide my entire future.

Everyone could tell I was stressed, I apparently wasn't doing a very good job at hiding it.

"Y/n." Sirius' voice breaks me away from my thoughts. "You zoned out again."

"Sorry." I mumble before returning to studying.

"What's wrong?" Sirius asks.

"Nothing." I answer, not looking up from the notes.

"It doesn't seem like nothing."

"Sirius, I'm fine." I say. "Can we please just get back to studying."

"I think you need a break." Sirius says softly.

"No, what I need is to finish studying."

"Y/n, you're overworking yourself." Sirius says and I finally break my gaze away from the notes and look at him. "Why don't we go on a walk, get some fresh air."

"But-"

"No buts." Sirius says. "Come on."
He stands up.
"Y/n, please." He begs.

"Fine, but just a few minutes." I say, packing all my notes away into my bag.

Upon seeing I'm finished sorting my notes, Sirius grabs my hand in his and practically drags me out of the library.

He begins speeding up as he leads me outside, going so fast that I have to run to stop myself from falling because he still has a tight grasp on my hand.

He slows down when we finally get outside and we stop for a moment to catch our breath.
I blush slightly, looking down and mine and Sirius' entwined hands.

Sirius follows my gaze and lets go of my hand.
"Sorry." He mumbles.

"Its fine." I say. "So, where to?"

Sirius just shrugs and we begin walking in a random direction, which eventually leads us to the lake.

We sit down beside each other on the shore.

"So, how are you?" I ask, referring to what happened over the holidays.

"I'm fine," Sirius answers. "Definitely doing better now that we're back at Hogwarts."

"That's good." I say.
Then we sit in an awkward silence, neither of us knowing what to say.

"Y'know, you really shouldn't be worrying about the OWLs." Sirius says, breaking the silence. "You're one of the smartest people I know, you'll do great."

"Thanks Sirius." I say. "You're gonna do great too."

"Yeah, thanks to you." Sirius says. "If you weren't helping me study, I would probably end up failing every test."

"No you wouldn't," I say. "You're actually really smart when you try."

"That's the thing, I don't try."

"You'd just rather have fun, there's nothing wrong with that." I say.

"There is when it might mess up my future."

"Everything will be fine."

"How do you know that?" Sirius asks.

"Because life cant just suck all the time." I answer with a shrug.