33 - Never Been Better

I never once in my life thought I'd hate lying in bed all day. At school it was all I wanted to do, but now that I'm stuck on bedrest because of the pregnancy I hate it.

Sirius has been keeping me company most days, and Lily sometimes comes over, but its still so boring. 

We also bought a tv for the bedroom so I can watch shows and movies without having to leave bed. 

"Hey, I'm back from shopping." Sirius says, walking into our bedroom. 

"Good, I was going crazy from boredom." 

"Love, you've been crazy for as long as I've known you." He says, sitting down beside me. 

"Rude," I mumble. "But fine, I've been going crazier from boredom." 

Sirius chuckles before kissing me. 

"I bought you some snacks," He says, lifting a bag onto the bed. "And I bought a few books I think you might like, I asked Remus and Lily for book suggestions." 

"Thank you." I say, resting my head on his shoulder. 

"You're welcome," He responds. "So, what've you been up to?" 

"I watched a movie, then it made me cry so I ate a bunch of chocolate, and then I cried because I was out of chocolate," I answer. "Clearly it's been a productive day." 

"Well I promise you there is lots of chocolate in this bag." Sirius says with a chuckle. 

"Good," I say. "How was your day?" 

"Nothing interesting happened," He shrugs. "Seems like it was better than yours though." 

"There was a brief moment when I was eating the chocolate where my day was great, then I ran out and the day got bad again." 

"Well now you have more chocolate," He says. "And I'm here which obviously makes your day a million times better."
I chuckle. 
"Don't laugh, I'm being serious." 

"You're always Sirius." 

He smiles widely. "This is why I love you. You're the best." 

~*~*~

"Are you sure you'll be fine here alone?" Sirius asks for what feels like the billionth time. "I don't need to go to James'." 

"Sirius, go have fun, I'll be fine." I say. 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes," I answer. "Marlene is coming over later, and I've been reading one of the books you bought me, and I can watch tv. There's plenty of things I can do to distract myself, I'll be fine." 

"Okay," He presses a small kiss to the top of my head. "But if you need me-" 

"Sirius, I'll be fine." I repeat. 

"Okay, okay, I'll see you later. I love you." He kisses me softly on the lips. 

"I love you too." 

He apparates away, leaving me alone. 

I read for a while, until Marlene apparates into my room. 

"Hey, you're favourite person has arrived." She announces, hopping onto the bed beside me. 

"You think you're my favourite person?" I say with a small laugh. 

"I know I'm you're favourite person," She says. "Why wouldn't I be? I'm the best."