63 - As The Years Go By

Okay, so writers block is being a bitch (which is why this chapter took so long to be written), and I have basically no ideas from now until the kids go to school, so this is just gonna be a bunch of time skips with random shit happening. But, on the bright side, its slightly longer than usual, so here ya go. 

October 15th 1982

"Fuck," Sirius mumbles angrily as he reads over a newspaper. "Fuck. No, no, no, n-"

"What's going on?" I ask him.

"Peter fucking escaped from Azkaban." He answers. Peter had been caught and sent to Azkaban not long after Sirius got out. "I told the ministry. I fucking told them that he'd need to be put in a special cage or else he'd be able to turn into his animagus form and escape. Total fucking bullshit."

I gently put my hand on his arm and he calms slightly. "They caught him before, they can catch him again. And, since it's in the paper, the whole wizarding world will be looking for him."

"He'll be impossible to bloody find if he stays as a rat."

"It'll be alright." I sigh quietly and take the newspaper from him.

Sirius just angrily mumbles about how the ministry is stupid and Peter is a dick.

March 9th 1983

"I want to get another tattoo." Sirius says randomly one evening as we're chilling out on the couch.

"Then get one." I respond.

Sirius has quite a few tattoos and I love them. He started getting tattoos to piss off his mum and then got a bunch more because he likes it.
He has a few random tattoos that have no meaning, he just thought they were cool (and some were dares from James.) He has a few moon tattoos. After Leo was born he got the Leo constellation and then when Rosalie was born he got a rose. He has a stag tattoo and a bunch of dog tattoos.

"I don't know what to get though." He groans.

I chuckle amusedly. "Well I don't know either."

He dramatically lays down, his head on my lap. I smile and begin running my hands through his hair.

"Drama queen." I say lovingly and he jokingly glares at me.

"I am not." He says offendedly.

I lean down and press a kiss to his forehead.

"You are."

"Meanie."

"I know, I'm the meanest," I say. "How about tomorrow I get Marlene and Dorcas to watch the kids and I'll come with you to help you pick out a tattoo."

"Sure," He smiles. "You're great."

"Just a moment ago you were calling me mean."

"You can be both great and mean."

The next morning, Marlene and Dorcas gladly take the kids, and Sirius and I head to the tattoo parlour.

I rest my head on Sirius' shoulder as he flips through the tattoo design book, looking to see what one he wants.

"That one's cool." I point out as he absent-mindedly flips through the book. He nods but continues looking.

"Y'know, I'm realising I have tattoos for Rosie and Leo, but none for Harry." He says.

"Well blame James and Lily for giving him a normal name." I respond and he chuckles lightly.

Sirius goes silent for a moment. "I've got an idea."