101 - Surprise

"I'm going out on a walk," I mumble, lifting my head from Remus' shoulder. 

"Want me to come with you?" He asks. 

"No, I'll be fine, I just need to get outside and clear my head," I say. "Can you just stay here with the kids please?" 

"Yeah, of course." He nods. "And I know that this 'walk' is actually you going to see the veil, so please just be careful. And if you're not back in an hour I'm coming to check on you." 

"Alright, thanks," I say. "I'm just gonna go tell the kids that I'm going." 

I head upstairs and go knock on Rosalie's door before walking into the room

"Hey, are you alright?" I ask and Rosalie just shrugs. Her and Luna are sitting on her bed. "Okay, well I'm going out for a little while, just to clear my head, if you need anything, Remus is here and Marlene is always just a call away." 

"Okay." She nods. 

I go over and give her a hug. "I'll be back soon." 

I say goodbye to her and Luna before walking out the room. I walk across the hall and have the same conversation with the boys, then I apparate back to the Ministry. 

The room is dark but the veil emits a pale silvery light. 

I go sit down in front of the veil. 

"You promised you'd never leave me," I mumble, tears flowing from my eyes. "You promised you'd never die. And then you went and got murdered by a weird ass veil, so I'm sure James is making fun of you for that in whatever afterlife there may be. I really hope there is an afterlife, I really hope I'll get to see you again one day." 

I stand up with a sigh, taking a step closer to the veil. 

"I'm mad at you," I whisper. "How dare you die." 

I slowly reach out to touch the veil, just lightly with my hand. 

But as I do that, a hand reaches out. 

I scream and quickly step back. 

"What the fuck?" I say. But I know I recognise that hand. That hand that has on so many occasions held mine. "Sirius?" 

I slowly step back forward again. I carefully reach out my hand again and once again Sirius' hand comes out of the veil. 

He grasps hold of me and I pull him out of the veil, stumbling backwards. 

"Holy shit." I whisper and start crying even more. 

"Hey Love," He says with a smile. 

"Holy shit," I repeat, wrapping my arms around him. He tightly hugs me back and I cant stop crying, but at least I'm now crying for happy reasons. 

"I knew it, I'm immortal," He mumbles. 

"What?" I question, lifting my head from his chest. 

"Don't ask," He says. "Unimportant. Love, don't cry, I'm okay." 

"I thought you were dead," I cry, snuggling my head into his shoulder. 

"Nah, I've told you, we're gonna live until we're seven hundred and twelve, and that's a promise." 

"Sirius-" 

"Alright, fine, I'll stop making jokes about it," He says. "For now." 

"Thank you," I mumble, smiling slightly as he presses a kiss to my head. "I really thought I was never going to see you again. And we haven't even seen each other in weeks because of my mission, I was-"