119 - The Aftermath

We stay at the castle for a little while, helping clean up a little. The Deatheaters are all either captured or they flee - aurors are hunting down any that got away. Those who had been wrongfully imprisoned in Azkaban are being set free.

"I'm going home," Marlene says after scaring the shit out of me by sneaking up behind me and wrapping her arms around me. "I'll probably see you tomorrow or something."

"Yeah, probably," I agree. "I assume that now the war is done you're going to be coming over all the time again."

"Yep, I haven't been able to annoy Sirius nearly enough as I should have these past several months and I need to make up for it."

I chuckle. We say goodbye and then she leaves. Temporarily, the spell that ensures people cant apparate in or out of Hogwarts has been disabled, just so people can get home quicker.

I notice Remus sitting alone at the side of the room, so I walk over and sit beside him.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Nope," He mumbles. "Mostly I just keep thinking about Teddy, I mean, he's going to have to grow up without a mother."

"Yeah, it really sucks," I say quietly.

"She shouldn't have even been here," He mutters angrily. "She should've stayed at home."

"I agree with you, but I do also understand her side. She just wanted to know that you were alive. But she definitely shouldn't have been fighting, especially not right after having a baby."

Remus stays silent. I take his hand, hoping to bring him even a little bit of comfort right now.

"Also, if you want," I say softly. "You can move back in with us. I know that Andromeda will be okay with you staying with her, but just know that you do have options and you're not alone. We're all here for you, and we're here to help."

I notice him crying as he nods. I pull him in for a hug.

"Thank you Y/n," He says quietly.

I watch as Harry walks into the room with Ron and Hermione, only to immediately be surrounded by people. I understand that many people want to just talk to Harry and thank him for everything he's done, but he's clearly exhausted.

"Go rescue him," Remus says, seemingly also noticing this. "I'll be fine. Probably just going to go home."

"Okay, I'll see you later." I hug him one last time before walking away.

I carefully make my way through the group and take Harry by the arm. He seems thankful for my interruption.

"Wanna go home?" I ask him quietly.

"Yes, please," He mumbles, leaning into me.

"Let's go," I say, walking back through the crowd with him.

"How do you get through the crowd so easily?" He questions. "It feels impossible."

"I don't know, apparently I have a very mean, glarey face sometimes, people tend to just move out of my way." I shrug. "Oh, there's Sirius."

Sirius comes over to us, a small smile on his face upon seeing me.

"Will you quit glaring at everyone?" He jokes.

"Nope, absolutely not," I respond and he chuckles. "But I wanna go home."

"Alright," He nods. "Let's get the kids and go then."

We're soon home and it's just so much more peaceful.

I'm exhausted and all I want to do is sleep. But of course, the moment I actually get to bed, I'm suddenly wide awake.