46 - Another Christmas

I wake up on Christmas morning, Sirius fast asleep and snoring beside me. 

I tiredly nudge Sirius. 

"Wake up," I say softly and he groans in response. "C'mon, its Christmas, usually you're excited for this crap." 

"I am excited," He mumbles. "But I'm also sleepy." I notice a smirk appear on his face. "Maybe a kiss will wake me up." 

I roll my eyes amusedly before pressing a small kiss to his lips. "Alright, get up sleeping beauty." 

He chuckles happily before sitting up. "Merry Christmas." 

"Merry Christmas." I kiss him again. 

"Let's go see if Leo's awake yet." Sirius says excitedly, getting out of bed. I laugh slightly and follow after him. 

I walk into Leo's room and see Sirius lifting Leo out of his bed. 

"He better have been awake already when you came in here." I say. 

"He was, I know you'd kill me if I woke him up." Sirius answers. 

I smile softly. "You're right, I would. Now lets go downstairs and open up some presents." 

We head downstairs and have some breakfast before sitting down on the floor beside the Christmas tree. Sirius hands Leo presents to open, which he opens excitedly. 

"This is going a lot better than last year," Sirius says. "And his birthday." 

"Well, he's older now, he has a general understanding that the toys are the interesting part rather than the wrapping paper." I say. 

Sirius chuckles. "In his defence, wrapping paper is pretty great." 

I laugh. "Well then all you're getting next year is wrapping paper." 

"Hey, what, no!" He exclaims, looking at me offendedly. 

I stick my tongue out at him and he does it back. 

"We are so mature." I laugh. 

"Totally." Sirius smiles. 

Once we're done opening presents we chill out for a while, Leo plays with his new toys, but then it's time for us to head to James and Lily's house. 

Sirius picks up Leo and we apparate to their house. 

"Hey, Merry Christmas," I say when we arrive in their living room, pulling Lily in for a hug. "How are you doing?" 

"I'm fine, just trying to not worry about things." She answers. 

"Yeah, life sucks," I say. "But it's Christmas, it's a time for joy and family and happy shit."

Lily smiles slightly. 

James and Lily had invited all our friends around for Christmas, but Sirius and I were the first ones here. 

We hang out for a while, Lily and I sit on the couch and talk as James and Sirius sit on the floor and joke about with Leo. 

Marlene is the next to arrive, she looks like she's hardly slept, which she probably hasn't, Dorcas is out on a mission for the Order and is going to be away for a while, so Marlene is obviously worried. 
She sits with me and Lily on the couch after saying hello to us all, but she is so lost in thought she hardly joins in with conversation. 

Everyone else soon arrives and we all hang out and we exchange gifts and talk for a while before Lily and I head into the kitchen to begin cooking for everyone.