5 - Back at Hogwarts

**Y/n's POV**

As much as I love being home for Christmas, I always get really excited about going back to Hogwarts. Especially because it means getting to see my friends again. 

Mum, dad and Petunia were dropping me and Lily off at the station. 

After saying our goodbyes, Lily and I head onto the train, searching for our friends. 

"Oh, there's Severus." Lily says and, without meaning to, I groan. "What's wrong?" 

"Believe it or not, I really don't think Severus likes me." 

"Come on, you're just being stupid, of course he likes you." Lily insists. 

"No he doesn't." I say. "To be honest, I'm not that fond of him either. We just pretend to get along for your sake." Lily pouts at me. "Lils, anytime you're with Severus it feels like I am not even there. Maybe you could sit with him and I could find someone else to sit with." 

"Are you sure?" Lily asks. 

"Yeah," I say. "I've put up with you enough these last two weeks anyways." 

"And you've been driving me crazy these past two weeks." Lily says. "I'll see you back at the castle then." 

"Yeah." I say. "Bye." 

Lily says bye to me before walking over to Severus, and I begin trying to see if I can find any of my friends. 
That's when I spot Sirius in a compartment alone. 

I knock on the compartment door before walking in, Sirius turning to look at me as I do. 
"You alright?" I ask.

"Yeah." Sirius answers. "I just needed a minute alone." 

"Oh. Well I could just go-"

"No." Sirius says quickly. "You can stay. If you want to." 

I sit down across from him. 
"Are you okay?" I ask. Sirius just shrugs in response. "Wanna talk about it?" 

"No." Sirius mumbles. 

"That's fine." I say. "Also, thanks for the bracelet, I love it." 

"It's nothing," Sirius says. "Thanks for the weird muggle thing." 

I laugh. "The cassette player?" 

"That's what I said." Sirius says with a smile. "Also, I cannot figure that thing out, could you help me?" 

"Of course." I say, moving to sit next to him. 

I spend the next ten minutes explaining how to use the cassette player and Sirius listens intently. 

"So, do you understand it now?" I ask. 

"Yeah, I think so." Sirius answers. "Thanks Y/n." 

Before I have a chance to respond we hear a knock on the compartment door. 
It was James, Remus and Peter.

"Sirius, are you-" James begins but then notices me. "Oh, hey Y/n." 

"Hey." I respond. 

The three boys sit down and we talk for the rest of the train ride. 

When we arrive at Hogwarts, I say bye to the boys and go sit with Lily, Alice, Marlene and Mary. 

Dumbledore makes a welcome back speech and then we eat. 

After stuffing our faces with as much food as possible we all head up to our dorm room and catch up. 
Which somehow led to us talking about boys.