54 - Traitor

I sit in an Order meeting, Sirius beside me. Dumbledore called us all here, telling us it was important. 

"There's a traitor in our midst," He announces, getting straight to the point. "Someone in the Order has been sharing information with Voldemort." 

My eyes unconsciously dart around the room, looking at the people who I call my friends, could one of them really betray us? 

This news hits harder for Lily and James, and Alice and Frank. With the knowledge that either Neville or Harry will be the one to defeat Voldemort, it hurts knowing that someone in this room could be the one who sells them out. 

Lily, who was sitting across from me, begins tearing up. I reach across the table, taking her hand in mine and squeezing it slightly. 

This sucks. It really sucks. 

The Order meeting is dismissed and we all head home, I pull Lily in for a tight hug before apparating away. 

Sirius heads to the Potter's to get the kids before appearing in our home. 

I smile, taking Leo from his arms. 

We take the kids up to their beds before getting into our own bed. 

We're both obviously shaken up from the news, but neither of us talk about it. One of our friends could be the one to betray us all. It's terrifying. Life was easier when I thought everyone I knew was a good person, but now I don't know who I can trust. 

Sirius pulls me into his arms, tightly hugging me, and for a second everything fades away, life is easy for a moment, everything is alright. 

I try to fall asleep, but I cant, I'm too lost in thought. This is all so terrifying, I don't know who I can trust. 

The next week, me, Sirius, Peter, Remus, Marlene and Dorcas all gather in James and Lily's house. 

Leo sits on the floor making a toy dragon attack a teddy bear, while Harry and Rosalie nap. 

"So," Lily starts, fidgeting with her fingers. "Dumbledore told us about this protection spell type thing, but it requires one of you guys to become a secret keeper. Only the secret keeper will be able to see the house and share the location. I know it's a lot to ask, and it will be risky for whoever does it, but it's the best chance we have at keeping Harry safe and-" 

"I'll do it." I say, interrupting her, knowing she'd probably ramble on for ages. 

Sirius turns to look at me. "No, you wont." 

"And why the hell not?" I exclaim. 

"Did you not hear her say it will be risky?" He responds. "What if you get hurt? Or what if you die?"

"I wont die, Sirius," I say. "But I will do anything to keep my sister and her family safe." 

Sirius sighs angrily before walking out of the room. We all hear the pop of him apparating away. 

"Well that was uncomfortable." Marlene mumbles. 

James stands up. "I'll go talk to him." 

He apparates away, going to talk some sense into Sirius. 

I sigh quietly to myself. 

"Where'd dad go?" Leo asks me, a small frown on his face. 

"Don't worry," I say, lifting him onto my lap. "He'll be back soon."