118 - The Battle (Part 2)

When we walk into the Great Hall, there's a row of dead bodies in the middle of the room. Immediately, I begin scanning the crowd for any sign of Leo. 

Before I can spot him, Sirius comes running up to me, tightly wrapping his arms around me. 

"Is Leo okay?" I ask, panic overwhelming me. 

"He's alive." Sirius lets go of me and hugs Rosalie. 

"That's not a reassuring answer," I say. 

"He is okay," He says quickly. "Just- his leg, it's-" 

"Sirius, what the hell is wrong?" 

"I'm not sure, Pomfrey is healing him right now." 

I walk quickly into the room, Sirius leading the way to where Leo is laying on the ground, Madam Pomfrey muttering to herself beside him.

"Are you alright?" I ask, kneeling down beside him. 

"Yep," He answers with a grin. "My leg is gone, it's awesome." 

"Oh fuck, nope, that's gross," Rosalie exclaims, suddenly looking away after glancing at his missing leg. Sirius chuckles amusedly and pulls her in for a hug. 

"That is not awesome," I say, whacking Leo's shoulder slightly. "But other than the missing limb, are you definitely okay?" 

He nods. "You don't need to worry so much, I'm perfectly fine. Besides, legs are dumb anyways, you don't need them." 

"I'm pretty sure you do, but I'm just glad you're alright." 

"I'm going to go check on Remus," Sirius says to me and I look up at him in confusion. "Tonks is..." 

He trails off but I know exactly what he means. 

He presses a kiss to the top of my head before walking off. 

"Now, Mr Black," Pomfrey starts. "There is a spell that I can use that will replace your missing leg with a metal one if you'd like." 

"Hell yeah, robot leg!" He exclaims. 

Pomfrey sighs slightly before just casting the spell. 

"It will take some getting used to," She says. "If you have any issues with it, please feel free to come see me, but there are other people that need my attention so I must go now." 

She walks off to help more people. 

Marlene comes and sits down beside me. Fred, George and Lee come over to joke around with Leo. 

"Where'd you go?" I ask Marlene. 

"I was just sending a patronus to Dorcas," She answers. "Letting her know that so far I'm okay." 

"I cant imagine how much this sucks for her," I say. "Like yeah obviously it's terrible for all of us here having to fight and risk our lives and shit, but I think I'd feel so much worse being stuck at home not knowing if everyone I love is alright." 

"You are just making me feel worse about coming here." 

"I know, I'm sorry." 

"It's okay," She says. "So, Leo's fine?" 

"Yeah, kinda lost his leg, but he's otherwise intact. And he's already joking about it, so he's definitely alright." 

"Of course he's joking about it," She laughs. "There really is no doubt that he's Sirius' kid." 

Smiling slightly, I look across the room at Sirius. But then I spot Ron and Hermione, just the two of them. 

I assumed that Harry was with them. But he's not. He's not there.