86 - The Final Task

"Y/n, wake up!" Sirius says, way too enthusiastically considering how early it is. "The Final Task is today!" 

"Ten more minutes," I grumble, hiding in the blankets. 

"Nope, come on," He says, pulling one blanket off me before realising that I'm wrapped up in multiple blankets. "Y/n." 

"It's sleepy time," I mumble. 

He pulls another blanket off me but I still have more. "How many blankets are there?!" 

"As many as it takes." 

"Y/n-" 

"No." 

"Wake up." 

"It's sleep time." 

"Love-" 

"No." 

"We need to get to Hogwarts soon." 

"Cant. I'm trapped." I mumble. 

"Yes, I can see that you are trapped in a cocoon of blankets," He says. "But can you please emerge from the blanket blob and have some breakfast." 

I don't respond and he leans down to press a small kiss to my cheek. 

"You missed," I say. 

"Get out of bed and I'll kiss you properly." 

"Mean," I mumble. 

"Lazy," He retorts and I gasp dramatically. 

"How dare you." 

"Prove me wrong then." 

"I hate you," I mumble, sitting up and escaping the blankets. 

"I know," He says, sitting beside me and kissing me on the lips. "I hate you too. Now come on." 

We head downstairs and have breakfast before we need to get ready to head to Hogwarts. The families of the four champions are invited to come watch the final task of the Triwizard Tournament, and it's pretty much all Sirius has talked about for the past month. 

Both Sirius and I have probably sent Harry about a million letters. He's done really good in the tournament so far, we're both really proud, but this last task is supposedly the most challenging and he is at a disadvantage being the youngest champion, so we're trying to help him as much as we can - though there isn't much we can do other than suggest spells for him to learn. 

The news comes in as we're eating breakfast. We started receiving The Daily Prophet once we found out Rita Skeeter had been talking shit about Harry all throughout the tournament. 

Today's headline read; "Harry Potter: Disturbed and Dangerous." 

It goes on about Harry's 'strange behaviour' and how his scar has been hurting and how it's all just a 'plea for attention' and bla bla bla. 

"I'm going to fucking kill her," I mutter angrily. 

"Just stop reading it, Love," Sirius says, taking the newspaper from me. "It pisses me off too, but most people know that everything she says is total crap." 

"I still wanna kill her." 

"I know, but maybe don't commit murder please," He says. "I don't think I could emotionally deal with you going to jail." 

"Fine," I jokingly roll my eyes. "But I'm only doing this for you." 

He chuckles. "Thank you." 

After eating breakfast and getting ready we say goodbye to Regulus and Remus before flooing to McGonagall's office.