88 - Questions

I sit through an Order meeting, feeling bored as hell. Looking over at the door, I see a fake ear slide under it, making me smile amusedly to myself. I thought Molly had been putting an Imperturbable Charm on the door which stops them from being able to use the ears. I guess she must've forgot today. 

I decide not to point it out to anyone else, I believe the kids have a right to know what's going on and I respect how creative they're being. Also, the meeting is almost over - I think. I hope - so it's unlikely they're going to hear much interesting stuff. 

I suddenly zone in when Sirius snaps his fingers in front of my face, grinning at me. 

"The meeting is over," He says, and I notice everyone is getting up to leave. "So how long were you zoned out?" 

"I don't know," I shrug. "How long was the meeting?" 

"About an hour," He answers, checking his watch. 

"Then I was zoned out for about an hour." 

He chuckles. 

"I'm gonna go say bye to Marls," I say, getting out of my seat and kissing him on the cheek before walking over to Marlene. 

"So, what did you think about the meeting?" She asks with an amused smirk, suggesting that she definitely knows I zoned out. 

"Boring as hell," I answer honestly. "I apparently refuse to listen." 

"Yeah, Snape's voice was making me wish for death," She says. "Like seriously-" 

"Siriusly." Sirius chimes in and Marlene glares at him. 

"Anyways," She rolls her eyes before continuing. "How can one person's voice be so horrifically boring? I'd rather put my hand in a hot oven than listen to him talk for another minute." 

"A tad overdramatic there Marls, but to be honest I agree." 

"So, how is it staying here?" She asks. 

"Awful," I answer. "Whenever we're not in meetings we just clean the house, which I guess makes sense because we want the place to not be a disgusting shithole, but oh my fucking god I'm losing my mind in here. I cannot wait until the kids go back to school and I can finally go home. I miss my bed. And my tv. And feeling joy." 

Marlene chuckles. "Look who's being overdramatic now." 

"No, I am being a reasonable amount of dramatic, this place is hell." 

"Okay, well I'm gonna head home, have fun being trapped in hell." 

"Take me with you," I jokingly plead. "But I'll see you soon. Tell Dorcas I say hi and that I miss her." 

"Alright," She pulls me in for a quick hug. "Bye." 

She apparates away and I wander back over to Sirius, who was talking to Regulus. 

I talk with the two of them for a moment before I notice Molly is beginning to cook dinner, so I offer to help her, especially since there is a lot of people living here at the moment, it's not fair for her to have to do all the cooking alone. 

Its soon done and we get the kids down for dinner. But when walking through the hall, Tonks trips over an umbrella stand, setting off the stupid portrait. 

"Mudbloods! Bloodtraitors! Scum! How dare you enter my home! How dare you live under my room!" 

"Oh shut up, you're dead, you have no use for the house," I argue. 

"You have no right to even talk in my presence, mudblood!" 

"And you have no right to be a horrible assface."