25 - Almost Christmas

The Christmas holidays were quickly approaching, snow covered the grounds, it was freezing outside, the days got darker quicker, and classes felt as though they were somehow ten times longer.

I just cant wait until I get to go home and see mum again. I miss her.

~*~*~

"Rise and shine bitches!" Marlene says loudly, waking us all up. It was the final full day at school before the holidays began, me and the girls have decided to spend it together(Sirius pouted about this a lot when I told him, but was okay with it when I promised I'd cuddle up with him at night).

"Since when were you a morning person?" Lily asks tiredly.

I was still lying in bed with my eyes closed, not wanting to wake up.

"I'm sorry that I just want to spend time with my best friends." Marlene says.

"Oh Merlin, what've you done?" Mary asks.

"Why do you assume I've done something?" Marlene asks.

"Because you're acting weird," Alice says. "You're happy."

"I'm not acting weird. Y/n, am I acting weird?"

"I wish I was dead." I groan.

"I'm taking that as a no, I am not acting weird," Marlene says. "Y/n, get up."

"I'll get up and throw myself out the window." I mumble.

"Y/n." Lily says in her stern, mothering voice.

"I'm up," I grumble, sitting up in bed. "I hate you all."

"We hate you too." Marlene says.

I get out of bed and we all get ready for the day.

Alice is right, Marlene is acting weird. She's oddly happy for how early in the morning it is.

I don't bother questioning her anymore, I'm too tired to care.

Once we were all ready, we head down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

We sit down at the Gryffindor table and I notice Marlene has run off.

"So much for wanting to spend time with us." Mary says sarcastically.

"Seems she just wanted to get up early to talk to her girlfriend." Lily adds.

"It is kinda cute," Alice says. "I mean, at least she's happy."

"But she abandoned us," I say, pretending to be hurt. "It like she doesn't love us anymore."

"See, this is how we feel whenever you abandon us to hang out with Sirius." Lily says to me.

"I have no clue what you're referring to," I joke. "Besides, you always say that I'm a pain in the ass and you don't like spending time with me."

"That's because you're my sister, I need to be mean to you."

"Fair enough." I shrug.

We talk for a little bit, but eventually Marlene comes back.

"Thanks for leaving us." I say sarcastically.

"You're welcome," Marlene responds. "Now I need to ask you dumbasses something."

"You're the only dumbass here, but go on." Alice says.

"Y/n is also a dumbass though," Marlene argues and I glare at her. "But really, Dorcas got into an argument with her friends, would you guys mind if she hung out with us?"