57 - It All Goes To Shit

~*Sirius' POV*~ 

Dear Sirius, 
Thank you for Harry's birthday present, he loves it. James has been going on and on about how Harry's going to be a world famous quidditch player one day.
Harry has found enjoyment in terrorising the cat with the broomstick, I feel sorry for the poor thing, he's now terrified of Harry. He's also broke several vases, but that's nothing magic cant fix, except that ugly vase Petunia got me a couple years ago, James says its unfixable and had to be thrown out, I just laughed and agreed, it really was hideous. 
James is really missing you. He's going crazy locked up in here, he tries not to show it for my sake but I can tell. I'm going crazy too. I feel so useless being trapped in here, but I know its for the best. 
How have you been? Life without Y/n has been difficult for me to wrap my head around, I cant imagine how difficult this is for you too. 
Also, with Y/n gone James and I have decided its best to change secret keeper. It's probably for the best, if she is dead then we don't know if the protection will still hold up. We did consider making you the secret keeper, but ultimately decided it's best that we don't. If you became the secret keeper then the Deatheaters would target you and we don't want anything bad happening to you, you have two kids that need you. But Peter offered, so we went with him. 
Everything is going to be fine and hopefully this will all be over soon. 
I hope we see each other again soon, 
~Lily. 

I smile slightly to myself as I look at the picture Lily sent with the letter. Its of Harry on his broomstick, with James laughing as he chases after his son. 

I miss them. 

~*~*~ 

"Are you sure about this?" Remus asks me. Tonight the two of us are going on a mission for the Order. 

"Of course I'm sure," I say. "I've been stressed as hell recently, and a fun way to destress is kicking some Deatheater ass." 

"Hell yeah." Marlene agrees from the couch. Her and Dorcas are here to watch the kids. 

"Alright, let's go then." Remus says. 

"Yeah," I nod before looking to Marlene. "The kids are asleep, so they'll likely be quiet most of the night. But Rosalie is probably going to wake up in a couple hours needing to be fed. Oh and-" 

"Sirius, shut up and go." Marlene interrupts me. 

"What Marlene means is that we'll be fine," Dorcas says. "Don't worry about the kids." 

"Alright, alright. Thank you." 

Remus and I leave for the mission. 

I focus on the mission, and I was right, kicking Deatheater ass is a great stress relief. 

"Sirius, come here." I hear Remus call out and I worry he might be hurt or something so I quickly rush over to him, firing a couple spells at Deatheaters as I do so. 

"What's going on?" I ask, looking over at whatever he was looking at.
"Y/n?" I begin tearing up. "You're alive?" 

I quickly rush into the room, pulling her into my arms, holding her tightly, never wanting to let go of her ever again. 

I feel her body shake as she cries in my embrace. 

"Shh, don't cry, you're okay now, you're gonna be okay," I mumble. "Merlin, I missed you so fucking much." 

"I missed you too." She mumbles. 

"I- I thought you were dead." I cry. 

"James and Lily-"