30 - Just a Bunch of Stuff

~*Y/n's POV*~

I lay in bed, trying to sleep, ignoring the sound of snoring beside me. Or at least trying to.
Sirius snores very loudly sometimes, it usually doesn't bother me but tonight it's like he's louder than usual.
I'm very close to smothering him with a pillow. But I wont, I love him too much to kill him, no matter how annoying he is.

I lightly trail my hand over my growing baby bump. I'm beginning to feel less scared by the idea of having a baby, I'm obviously still scared, but I know everything will work out.

I'm close to drifting off to sleep when I feel the baby kick for the first time. I gently press my hand against my stomach in disbelief, feeling the baby kick again.
I excitedly turn to face Sirius, who was still fast asleep.

"Sirius, wake up," I say, shaking him. He grumbles in response, not waking up. "Sirius, the baby just kicked."

"Kick it back." He mumbles, clearly not processing what's going on. I just stare at him.

He lays still for a moment before suddenly shooting up.

"The baby kicked?!" He exclaims, his hands flying over to my stomach.
I laugh quietly at his response as the baby kicks again.
"Holy shit." He whispers, a huge grin on his face.
"I'm sorry I told you to kick the baby."

I laugh. "It's fine, you were half asleep."

"Yeah, but it was honestly closer to ninety-nine percent asleep."

"Well, the one percent of you that was awake is apparently stupid."

"Very stupid." He mumbles before pulling me in for a kiss.

He then wraps his arms tightly around me, I relax in his arms and fall asleep.

I wake up the next day when I feel Sirius leave the bed. I groan, grabbing his arm to stop him from leaving.

"Y/n, I need to go." He says, gently removing my hand from his arm.

"Mean." I mumble. "How dare you leave me."

"I'm sorry, but blame James, the only reason I need to get out of bed today is stupid quidditch practice."

"Keep calling it stupid and I'm going to kick your ass." I hear James say.

"Just go back to sleep." Sirius says to me, softly pressing a small kiss to the top of my head. I tiredly grumble as I cuddle into the blankets.

I wake up a little while later and get ready for breakfast.

I meet up with Lily, Alice, Mary, Marlene and Dorcas in the common room, so we head down to breakfast together.

As we are eating, I tell the girls about the baby kicking, and what Sirius' response was.
I still get panicky talking about the baby and pregnancy and all that when we're not in our dorm, but the Great Hall is always loud so nobody should hear our conversation.

"He told you to kick the baby?" Lily questions as Marlene just laughs.

"In his defence, he was asleep." I shrug. 

Just at that moment, James and Sirius come into the Great Hall. Sirius seems tired from Quidditch training but James is as energised as always.

They both join us at the table, Sirius sits down beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"What were you all talking about before we got here?" James asks.

"How much of an idiot Sirius is." Lily says and Sirius looks confused.