74 - Baby

The Summer goes by quickly. Leo and Harry's birthdays pass and for both we have a small celebration and invite their friends to stay for a couple days. 

But too soon the kids are headed back to Hogwarts. As is Remus, who finally made up his mind on taking the job. 

"Kids, are you ready to go?" Sirius yells up the stairs. All he gets in response is jumbled answers as all three kids yell back different things at the same time. 

"I'm gonna take that as a 'no'." I say. 

Sirius chuckles slightly. 

Remus comes down the stairs, a suitcase in his hand. 

"Hello there, Professor Lupin." Sirius says teasingly. 

"Please shut up." Remus mumbles, still too tired from the previous full moon to deal with Sirius' shit. 

"Yes professor." Sirius jokes. 

"Sirius, leave him alone." I say. 

"What? He should be used to my nonsense by now." 

"You're so annoying." Remus says. 

"Yep, but you're still friends with me." 

"That's because I don't like people and therefore cant make new friends." 

"Mood," I say. "That's exactly why I'm friends with Marlene."

The kids then come downstairs and we head to the station. 

I feel as sad as I usually do about them leaving, but this year its harder to let them go. The last two years have been terrifying, first Voldemort is on the back of a teacher's head and tried to kill Harry, then a young version of Voldemort possessed Rosalie. What if something bad happens this year too? 

"Stop worrying," Sirius says softly and I snap out of my worried thoughts. "They'll be fine." 

I nod, pushing away the thoughts and instead focusing on the kids. 

I first pull Rosalie in for a hug. 

"I'm going to miss you," I say. "Just send a letter if you need anything. Or you could always just go to Remus. You're going to be okay this year." 

She nods slightly. "I'll miss you too." 

I release her from the hug and go say goodbye to Harry and Leo, pulling them both in for hugs too. 

"C'mon Moony, your turn for a hug." Sirius says to Remus. 

"Hug me and I'll break your arm." Remus threatens but Sirius, being the annoying little shit he is, ignores him and pulls him in for a hug anyways. I smile slightly as Remus rolls his eyes. 

The final warning whistle blows and I hug each of the kids one last time before they board the train. 

I watch with a small frown as the train leaves the station. 

Sirius takes my hand and we apparate home. 

"Y'know, this is the first time in about fifteen years that we've had the house to ourselves." He points out. 

"What're you suggesting?" 

"I think you know what I'm suggesting." 

~*~*~ 

I'm sitting on the couch reading a book when Marlene and Dorcas suddenly apparate into the room. I look up at them with a smile as I put my book down.