83 - Babysitting

I toss and turn all night. I cant stop worrying about Harry. 

"Love, go to sleep." Sirius mumbles, his eyes still closed. 

"Sorry," I say quietly. 

He sighs slightly, opening his eyes and pulling me into his arms. 

"Y/n, I promise everything will be alright." 

"You don't know that," I mumble. 

"We've been over this, Harry is smart, he is skilled at magic, he'll be okay." 

I sigh, cuddling into his chest. 

"I know. It's still scary though." I say. 

"I agree, but keeping me up all night wont make it stop being scary, so go to sleep," He says jokingly and I laugh. 

"Fine, fine, I'm sorry, I'll sleep." 

~*~*~ 

I groan as the phone begins ringing the moment I sit down and get comfy on the couch. Every damn time, it apparently cant ring when I'm in the kitchen and it's right beside me, no, it's gonna ring when I'm comfy. Stupid phone. 

I go answer it. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey Y/n," I smile hearing Dorcas' voice. 

"What's up?" I ask. 

"Well, me and Marlene are wanting to go out on a date, so we were wondering if you'd be free to baby sit Alice this weekend." 

"Yeah, of course," I say. "I'd love to." 

"Great, thank you so much." 

"You don't need to thank me, you've babysat my kids plenty of times, this is just me paying you back in a way. Plus, she's adorable and I love her and I have no problem babysitting." 

So, on Saturday, I floo to Marlene and Dorcas' house, smiling as Alice runs over to greet me. I lean down and lift her into my arms. 

"Hey," Marlene greets me with a smile. "We're almost ready to go, Dorcas is just finishing her makeup." 

I nod slightly and Marlene comes over to steal her daughter from me, pulling Alice in for a tight hug. 

"Marls, you know you don't need to worry," I say. 

"I know, it's just that this is the first time we're leaving her, I kinda don't want to." 

"And you teased me for being hesitant to leave Leo for the first time." 

"Yeah, well, screw you," She mumbles. I gently place my hand on her arm. "It's crazy that Dorcas and I adopted her over a year ago now and we've never both been away from her." 

"Well, I think it's great that you guys are gonna spend some time alone," I say. "Having kids totally messes up any chance of date night." 

Marlene chuckles. "Agreed. But she's cute, so it's worth it." 

I nod my head in agreement as Dorcas walks into the room. 

"Hey, you look great," I say to her and she smiles. 

"Oi, that's my wife," Marlene jokes, glaring at me. "And you're also my wife, so as my wife you should compliment me, not my wife." 

Dorcas opens her mouth to speak but apparently just decides not to question it, and instead takes Alice from Marlene and begins saying her goodbyes.