92💚

🌸DAY 7 — news🌸

On Wednesday afternoon, an anesthesiologist was called into [____]'s room to begin reversing the procedure and get the girl out of her blacked out state.

Dr. Shinso, and other pair of doctors and a handful of nurses, were in the room alongside her parents to update them on her condition. "Skin seems to be healing just fine, and her brain activity is in great shape. I'd give it less than a week at most until she shows that she is fully able to communicate with others. This paperwork is for you."

He handed Manato a stack of medical bills and extra charges in the form of parking tickets since the man kept leaving his car in front of the emergency room, a spot saved only for ambulances. "I'm sorry if I caused you or the staff in this room any trouble."

A few nurses took his apology well; given that a lot of times he had ran out of his daughter's room to ask for help because he swore he heard her voice or saw her move. "She responded to me!!" He kept chanting, "I asked if she still loved me and she said 'yes'!!!"

"Being a caring father comes with its consequences, eh?" The neurologist tried to picture himself in his shoes for a moment. Rich man, didn't have to work if he didn't want to— Married to a celebrity and has a daughter who's name is in the headlines of many articles. They obviously didn't fit; so he frowned. "My life can be a handful, too..."

"Eh? What?" Manato had taken a liking to the doctor; he had been monitoring [____]'s condition for a week now; he heard from other nurses that his quirk wouldn't let him sleep and so he spent almost all day taking care of his patients.

The man wanted to show his appreciation a bit more, so when Dr. Shinso was getting ready to walk out of the room, he stopped him. "Hey, wait. Let me write you a check— A tip, for watching over my precious daughter and for being patient with us. I know my wife and I being here all the time during visiting hours can bring some paparazzi lingering around the entire building.

This is a place for loved ones to come closer together; I found myself praying for her health in this room longer than I have prayed for anything in all of my life, anywhere. Please allow yourself to accept this gift—"

"I'm grateful, but I didn't choose this as my career for the—" 'money' was the word Hajime wanted to end his sentence with.

The amount of it written on the thin paper by the red-haired man was close to 2,200,000 yen. With this amount, he could buy his son a car. He could pay for his wife's credit card charges— not that there was a lot to begin with but they existed. He could remodel his kitchen, or even save it for summer time and take his family on a cruise. He always wanted to do something big for them like that.

The doctor was left speechless, he wondered if the man in front of him was truly made out of gold. Was it just a lucky coincidence that he was assigned to care for [____] Amachi, because of her insurance company? Or was it meant to be? Was he supposed to take this check and be done with it? But acting as if he just won some kind of lottery with the turn of events would make his only son upset; He had to be better than that.

"I'm sorry. I cannot accept your money. Your daughter's life is priceless to all of us. If you excuse me—" He managed to get out of the room as a professional. He walked faster towards his office and hated himself for being too prideful.

"What an American way of showing gratitude. If he offers me money again, I'll make sure I take it next time. It won't look too sleazy if I wait til then, would it? Of course it wouldn't. I don't need to ask myself that—"

There were a few light knocks on his door, the neurologist took a few seconds to get himself together and open it to greet the female dietitian carrying his lunch all the way from the cafeteria, just in time.