99🌹

day 18 — phone charger. (still the same day)]

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Back in a rather large farm that was approximately three hours away from Tokyo— Manato Amachi sat on one of his parents' faux brown couches.

While sipping on some hot tea; he listened to most of his older brothers catch up with one another. It had been a while since more than half of them spoke in person.

Most of them lived in separate parts of Japan by now, which is why it took a day or two for everyone to finally be able to get together in the home they were all proudly raised.

"Manato, how's your wife's crazy life treating 'ya?" One of them suddenly asked [____]'s father.

"Well...We travel a lot. It's quite exhausting."

"Not as exhausting as raising a daughter, I bet!" Another sibling joked about this. The rest of them agreed; throwing small comments here and there, teasingly.

Manato had thirteen older brothers and all of their quirks varied anywhere from being able to mimic someone's voice, to elasticity. Something their farmer parents didn't expect would happen.

However, out of pure luck, their last born son was finally able to bring something good into the family business with a fertilizer quirk. Because of this; his parents relied on him to take over the farm when it's time; while the rest of the brothers enjoyed bullying him about it.

Manato got by family gatherings assuming they were all just envious of his rather luxurious lifestyle as of now; and he figured that all the 'only-having-a-daughter' jokes just came from pure jealousy— given that [____] had nothing but male cousins coming from her father's side. Needless to say none from Himeko.

"Now, all of you, shush!" [____]'s paternal grandmother spoke roughly to all of her sons while she placed a tray of more snacks on the coffee table.

No matter how many times she would fill bowls of dried fruits, chips or tea biscuits; she would turn her back on the room full of men for three seconds and then realize her dishes would be empty again.

"Manato is going through a rough time. Don't you brutes know that my only granddaughter is being hospitalized after that incident everyone in this country knows about?! My heart breaks for him and his wife..."

The men, full of shame, remained silent as their mom consoled their little brother with a few back rubs. "It's going to be alright, Manato...I'm glad to hear that she is doing better. Now..."

"OUCH!" [____]'s father wasn't expecting a strong blow on the back of his head caused by his mother's fist.

"Why even enroll [____] in a school like that in the first place?! What's wrong with you?! Have you not thought about all of the dangers heroes face day-to-day?! You're telling me you knew [____] can get hurt this bad and still encourage her to go after such a career?!

You need to learn how to keep your kid safe!! If I was you, I'd homeschool her completely, after this mess! She wouldn't even be allowed to leave the house without a parent or a guardian! You have money, don't you?! Why not hire bodyguards for her sake and track after every step she takes?!"

"We did, for a moment— Ah, but [____]-chan ended up accidentally sending him off to another part of the state...Besides, she may resent Hime-chan and I if we don't give her any privacy at all and show we can't trust her..."

As Manato continued to get scolded by his angry mother; his father, on the other hand, spoke gently while sitting on the only powered recliner in the whole living room area. "She does have that portal quirk...Even if she were to be stuck at home all day, she could easily escape anytime she'd wanted to."