91🌸

💥💥💥💥

When Katsuki was home, he marched straight into his room and threw his school bag on the floor out of anger. He would of stomped on it too, if it wasn't that his mother followed after him and leaned on the side of his opened door to watch him act like a spoiled little kid.

It definitely amused her, and she tried so hard not to tease him at first but it was unavoidable. "Need to chat with mommy, Katsu?"

"No way in hell."

Mitsuki forgot about laughing and went straight to forming a pout with her lips. "Not nice of you. I'm just trying to be a good mom, you know."

"Try less."

"And then what? Have you resort to speaking with counselors and therapists instead, because you wanna be cool or whatever and not tell your parents what's on your mind?! I'll beat you until you're honest with me, Katsuki—!! So talk to me already, you little shit!!"

"— You won't understand it." She was expecting her son to continue with more banter; but when he sternly replied, she pulled back on the insults. "Cheeks' grandma was right about me...I know why I'm grounded and shit, so there's nothing else to say to you or dad."

Masaru was standing by the staircase, listening to his wife attempt to console their son and thinking that he didn't need to be there until he heard Katsuki use the magic word to summon him.

"Can you two just let me be for the rest of the day?" The ash-blond guy asked, in the most polite tone of voice that he had ever used on anyone. "Don't worry about my dinner...I know I gotta eat but I just feel like sleeping 'til morning. So can I do that instead?"

Mitsuki didn't want him to skip any meals, but the way Katsuki dropped on his bed had already made her think it wasn't such a bad idea to give him space, after all. She agreed, right after her husband gave her a nod to say he was on board with it. "Just for tonight...Sleep well, Katsu."

💥💥💥💥

Naturally because of the concentrated amount of exhaustion, he was able to nap until two in the morning the next day; He got up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, where he found his parents soundlessly asleep on the couch, in front of the TV.

The two hour long informercial about a series of 'amazing' hairstyle products played as white noise the background and Katsuki walked upstairs to his parents' bedroom to bring a blanket from their closet to put on their legs. He expected one of them to wake up but neither did so he sauntered back to his room.

He tried to fall back asleep but it was pretty useless. Anytime he would close his eyes he pictured [____]'s face, right in front of him.

Then he would start to think about how pretty she looked whenever she smiled at him or others. The times she cried because of him, because of anything actually. Even with those salty tear marks underneath her eyes, she was like the sun—

Intensely bright and radiating so much kindness as energy that it made her brilliant; without her, he'd be nothing. He felt this way from the start, but it only took him a week and a broken promise to realize it.

"I said I wouldn't hurt her, but I did."

At last, he was finally aware of how grief could hurt just as much— if not, more —than any kind of physical pain he had endured over the years.