43🌸

🌸🌹🌸🌹

Shoto brought [____] inside what looked like an ice cream parlor that was next to the building they had just gotten out of.

"Ice cream...?" She noticed there wasn't many people inside, due to the breezy forecast in the middle of autumn, of course. "Isn't it too cold for that?"

"Its actually a gelato cafe— They also sell hot beverages and a molten chocolate cake I'd like you to try. That's why we are here."

'He really likes sweet things...while Katsuki hates them, it's a little funny...'

"I guess, but I'll buy it for myself, is that okay?" She searched through her handbag to pull out her wallet but was not fast enough since Todoroki was already giving away his debit card to the cashier behind the counter. "Ahh, you're scary quick!"

'I really need to do something about him paying for my stuff, too...Maybe I can sneak some cash into his pockets when he's not looking, if he won't take it up hand...but then I'll look like some type of thief to others...'

While she sought on a plan to repay his kind deeds, Todoroki signaled her to sit across from him as he found the nearest table with two chairs.

"Thanks for bringing me to that meditation class— I actually enjoyed it but it wasn't free, was it? How much do I owe you for that?"

"Nothing, it's my treat. You shouldn't have to pay for anything when you're with me."

She fidgeted around her seat when he said that; 'I don't know why I suddenly feel nervous...I don't even see Todoroki in that way...'

"I-Is that what you believe in? It's strange to be treated like this, by a guy my age...I'd really appreciate if you could just take this cash with you and we can call it even..." She slid 20,000 yen towards him, trying to remain as secretive as possible.

"...I don't need this, though." As she imagined, Shoto slid the money right back to her and she sulked about her failed attempt to pay him back.

He pulled out a small butterfly hair pin from his pocket. "I forgot to give you this earlier, I saw a woman selling these by the train stop...I thought you might like it, so I got one for you."

"It's cute, but...I can't accept anymore gifts from you...Seriously, this is too much."

"But it's just a hair pin...and it's small?" He was confused by her words.

[____] tittered at his expression. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you, Todoroki. I don't wanna seem like a noisy person but...Do you have a girlfriend?"

Shoto's eyes widened a bit, "No, why do you ask?"

"Well...It's just 'cause you are really thoughtful...And you're very sweet, I'd imagine it's because you're dating a girl or something, and she showed you how to be this good at reading girls' minds..."

"Mind...reading? Like, a quirk?"

"Ah, no...It's kind of like— If we were to be dating, you'd be a really great boyfriend already. Taking me to nice places, and buying me gifts almost everytime we hang out...A lot of girls would like this...But I figured, maybe you're only this kind because you have experience already..."

Out of everything she said; her very first sentence was the only words sticking into Shoto's mind. "Boyfriend..."

[____] didn't know she was giving him false hope the more she talked about it; "For example, the time you and I went to buy school supplies; you were already picking cute items I really liked. I thought it was a little strange at first, because you don't look like the kind of guy to be into really girly things like pink stationary products— But you ended up buying everything anyway and my stuff too, so I thought...Maybe his girlfri—"