87🏵

[an; I hope ur ready for slightly longer chapters now heheh]

💥💥💥💥

It took about an hour and twenty five minutes for the tv station to switch back to the live test; [____]'s grandmother had convinced principal Nezu and the camera crew to continue rolling after losing her only granddaughter to one of her own gateways.

She brought two men from the TV station crew with her (along with Kaito) to the outside of the arena; where she gave her word as a sponsor for U.A & on behalf of [____], that it was the most logical thing to do.

"In the best interest for the teachers and students of U.A, it has been decided to finish the last part of the live test. Your comments and questions in reference to [____] Amachi shall be answered by me, in the meantime.

Before you ask about the investigation, I'd like to say that I value your thoughts and your worries regarding my only granddaughter. In these sad circumstances, it's terrifying to know that we cannot count on anyone, not even pro-heroes, to save someone from their own preeminent power.

It is, after all, my granddaughter's quirk that caused this commotion...I can officially say. I am sure she is still alive— No reason to think otherwise."

The moment she allowed the reporters to ask their questions; she was hit with a wave of ridiculous ones:

"Kumiko—! Kumiko—! Would you say your granddaughter wanted to escape?! So she used this tactic to disappear in front of a life audience for attention?!" — "Has she been acting out recently?!" — "Yeah, teenagers act out in various ways. How do we know she even plans to come back?!" — "Could she be working with villains?! People could be more scared of her than concerned!!"

The last comment probably turned the last purple strand of hair Kumiko still had into the silvery-white color, like the rest. She took in a deep breath before properly dealing with the reporters.

🏵🏵🏵🏵

Yuuichiro offered to give [____] a small tour of his house after closing and re-opening his bedroom door while giving a brief explanation on what was currently happening; which made the other twenty six cloned entries she first saw on the aisle completely disappear.

"You didn't happen to open other doors before walking into this one...Did you?" He had asked; [____] shook her head. "Huh...You're a lot smarter than you look..."

[____], far too engrossed in the change of atmosphere, reminded herself to smack this version of her child later as he guided her around.

The modern Japanese home held four large bedrooms; two bathrooms and a backyard big enough for a midsized pool and a small jacuzzi already installed; all positioned a few feet away from a brand-spanking new barbecue grill.

It looked squeaky-clean; as if they had just moved in; but Yuucchan explained to her that it was just that his father was always working, and he was the only who stayed home on the daily basis. Yuucchan didn't care for swimming or grilling.

This version of her son showed her the top floor only (with the exception of two bedrooms) and as they made their way downstairs [____] couldn't find a single portrait hung on the wall, or on any piece of furniture where you'd normally showcased framed memories. "It's strange..."

"What? Meeting your hot, talented and breath-taking sixteen year old son from another timeline like this?" Yuucchan asked, placing his forearms on the grey granite countertop of the expresso schemed kitchen island when they got to that area. "Or the realization that I am your greatest achievement, and I'm way more than whatever you were expecting?"