22🌹

🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸

They walked into a soba noodle shop around 9:20 pm to eat. Given that the weather was still a bit chilly outside— [____] asked for the noodles in a hot broth.

"Todoroki, did you decide what you want to order, yet?" She asked her companion, who was still reading the menu.

"I'll come back in a few minutes to ask again, so please take your time." The waitress was a kind old lady, she seemed to act like one of the owners of the shop.

[____] waited for her to be gone so she could speak to her classmate again, "If you don't want soba, after all...we could find another place to eat—"

"I want to eat here." He reminded her. "I just can't decide if I want them to be served hot or cold."

[____] smiled at his words. 'I guess he probably likes soba because you can eat them in either of those ways...It's funny, because of his quirk...'

"Todoroki...Thank you for inviting me here tonight. I promise that I'll pay this time, so you don't have to hold back!"

He nodded once to her.

🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹

"Ah, I'm stuffed!" After slurping one bowl of noodles, [____] was feeling more relaxed. "This place is the best!"

"Do you want dessert?" Shoto grabbed the small sweet course menu from the side of their table to look through it after finishing his own meal. "Do you want your own, or should we share?"

"Um...I love all sweets, really. So I don't mind sharing...If that's what you'd like..."

'I don't know why I feel a little sad...Being here with Todoroki and not Katsuki; if Mina was around she would definitely say that this is a date! But it's not! Is it....?'

As she studied Shoto's tranquil expression, she began thinking that if her crush was the one sitting right across from her— She wouldn't be able to stay so still.

'If Katsuki was here instead of Todoroki...I don't think I could eat so comfortably and enjoy this food. He's keen at making me feel nervous just by looking my way. I wonder if I only feel like this because he has kissed me twice already...'

After Todoroki ordered one single dessert so he could share it with his new found crush; he scratched the back of his head. "[____], tell me. Do you have anymore stories about your childhood?"

"M-Mine..?"

"Earlier today, you were saying you couldn't find the same brand of chips that you like in another country and your father had to buy them in bulk for you..."

"Y-Yeah..." She timidly asked herself why he'd remember that when Katsuki was telling her that it was a boring story. "What about it?"

"I just thought it was interesting." He gave an honest reply, "The way your father cares for you, that much..."

'He really thinks that...? Or could it be something else...?'

"Todoroki...Does your father care for you like that, too?"

He was caught off guard with her question. When he averted his gaze to the wooden table instead of her, it gave [____] the idea that there was not much to say to that. "Sorry! I shouldn't of asked..."

"I don't mind your questions...but I rather hear more about you, first, before I begin to talk about myself."

"I see..."

"So...Your grandparents. They reside in Japan?"

"Yes. They live in Matsumoto...Their farm is really huge. As a kid, I remember thinking the size of it was like a huge part of the whole country, like, I didn't know any better."