The Means To An End

''The best musicians, often come from the worst of places. Reaching stardom, before they decide their own fate''

A pair of doors open up, to reveal a large hall. There is almost two thousant people present. Many dressed in fine clothes, women and men alike. Along with some of their children.

This, is the year's music awards. This year, it will feature music that has made many people divided on who, is the best. The year has been filled with hot pieces of tracks, great voices and overall, music that will not be soon forgotten.

Our view, jump over to someone we know all too well. Sitting on the front, smirking confidently. He is excited to see who will be the winners this year. Even though he has a good way of knowing who will most likely get the best awards.

Finally, a man arrives on the scene. Holding a microphone and a bunch of envelopes. All gold coloured. This is one of the men who our known guy got help from to become a judge in talent contests, his career is this man's work. Professor, Elm.

Elm: Greetings fellow musicians and fans!

Our guy chuckles to himself, always the friendly one. Elm and our guy's friendship goes way back, they met in Johto while Elm was going to give two novice trainers their starter Pokemon. To which a discussion made them quick friends. Together they worked in Elm's lab for a while, until our guy found a talent for knowing an artist when he saw one. Elm gave him support, and got him into the industry to find new talents.

Elm: I think we never have had so many people in one hall. But this year has been one long and great year for the music industry and those who want something to listen to.

So many share talks while Elm talks. Our guy knows Elm will soon enough spot him, he has yet to do so.

Elm: However, we're not here to talk about how many you are, are we? Oh no, What we're here for, is this year's musical awards!

The very large crowd begin cheering, many have waited exactly for this day. To see their favorite music be nominated for awards and get more publicity.

Elm: This year's categories are, *Takes up an envelope* Best Song Of The Year. Best Pop Song. Best Innovative Song. Most Viewed Song Of The Year. Most Streamed Song. Best Rock Song. Best Love Song. And lastly, Best R&B Song.

''Pretty ok awards for this year'' our guy thinks to himself. He doesn't really care for genre songs, he wants to hear about the best song, and the best innovative song. Those two are key to win if he would be nominated.

Elm: So let's not stall people! Let's get the show going!

Then he sees the guy, but he shares only a tiny second to give him a smile. Our guy smirks, only with one second did he know that he is here.

Elm: In the first category, The Best R&B Song, we have three candidates for the award. Fantasy by Maria Corey. Twisted by Keith Sweater, and BEST ON EARTh by Jackie Russ. These three were voted the best R&B Song of this year, now, let's find out who gets the prize.

The room becomes tense, the R&B lovers are evenly split between Maria, Keith and Jackie. All of them did the job well, and now the three are hopeful for a victory.

Elm: The winner, of Best R&B Song, is...

Elm pulls up the golden envelope, and opens it. Our guy observes it all in slow motion. He isn't into R&B at the moment, but once it could be cool to see if it hit good. ''Gosh how slow it goes, i hate this'' he thinks annoyed to himself, Elm is nervous. He pulls up the result, slowly.

Elm: Fantasy by Maria Corey!

Roaring applause breaks out as Maria rises from her seat, filled with pride she walks up to Elm to receive her prize. Elm gives her the award, and then a hug. Maria, in her early thirties is still good going in the game.