A Coping measure

With The Splintered Pokeband

The four other boys are doing just like they did the previous week, nothing while waiting for something to happen. 

None of them has heard from Ethan, nor do they dare to take contact to him, fearing that any call will make him leave their band. 

At the moment, they're in their studio, awaiting Arceus's judgement. Red is just standing close to a wall, thinking highly into his own world. 

Ash is reading news from the other regions, There's apparently been a economic crash for Alola. Tourism has fallen down due to overprizing and a bit scary, a mafia. 

''Now the mafia decides to come forward?'' he thinks as his eyes scan through the news. The mafia is just like every other mafia, corrupt and violent. 

''i'll pray for you Alola, this is not going to be easy on you'' he thinks as he exits from the icon and scrolls down to find more to read.

Hilbert is sitting with his drumset, not knowing what to play. He has been thinking of a beat, but he doesn't know how to play it on regular drums, plus that he doesn't own any other drumset that could make another kind of beat. 

Every beat he has ever made has either been on his own drumset, or through beats he has created on a PC. 

''I could try to create it, but i want to play it with my bare hands'' he thinks and frowns. He hates when he wants something but can't get it. He leans on his right hand while not knowing which direction to go.

Nate for his part is watching a recorded video of the school contest, watching when Rosa and Lyra performed Lucky. Though the video itself isn't special as neither Lyra nor Rosa did anything special on stage, he likes it. It displayed huge vocal abilities and affection for singing, something he finds vital when it comes to making music. 

But as he watches the video, without even realising it, he drags his eyes to focus on Rosa throughout the whole video. He hasn't seen what fans say about her, but the way she carried herself through the performances was magnificent to him, always that adorable smile at her disposal, and energy that only a child would have. 

His lips form a smile that shows only something he would know what is, it's small pride. 

Lucky was the first song Rosa wrote alone, as far as he knows. He realises he should ask her more about Lucky when they're together, that would make for an interesting conversation with the child-teen. 

Then he hears the outside door open, and closing in rapid succession. 

He turns towards the hall, and gets his heart racing as Ethan enters the room. 

The other band members get the same reaction, but says nothing. 

Ethan for his own part gulps, there's something on his mind that he wants out. 

Red: You finally show up

Ethan: I do, and i have a request, for our band. 

This spikes their interest in listening to him. 

Ethan: You know, there has been much going through my brain and heart the last week, and i got suggested how to get it out.

Ash: In what particular way?

Ethan: To write my feelings into a song

This makes all of them a bit hopefull

Ethan: But, there's always a but. You see, after i got the suggestion, i was given something to read on. And it opened me to see, what i haven't seen while being in my depressive state. 

Nate: And what was that?

Ethan: I remembered how i used to be, and i found myself at peace with it. And i got to see a lot of appreciation for our works through a fan site that wasn't like the previous one. 

Ethan then takes out a paper with text on it.

Ethan: So, i wrote myself a new song. And i want to make it with you. 

This causes the boys to break out into relief and smiles, even Red offers a friendly smile

Ash: This is the Ethan i remember

Nate: And a great one at that

Hilbert: How about we get to making that song now then?

Ethan: There's only one problem

This causes the enthusiasm to quiet a bit

Red: What kind of problem?

Ethan: I know how i want it to sound, but the song is written in the way that only four people are needed 

This means, that one of them has to forfeit their place for the others.

Nate: But, what kind of song is it going to be?

Ethan: I though about it, and i just felt like i had to make it a rock song, since it's all i know how to make. 

The others nod, understanding it.

Ash: Question, who's gonna be vocalist?

Ethan sighs

Ethan: Me. I want to sing out that frustration, cause my happiness to get out at seeing the crowd liking it. We're gonna need drums, a bass and two guitars known for rock sounds

The four others look at each other, Hilbert and Nate is essential for this song as they're drummer and bassist perfectly, that leaves only Red and Ash for not being in on actual production

But Ash decides it all

Ash: Then you four will make this song, i can be an observer

Red: Are you sure? Cause i can drop out if you want to

Ash: No Red, it's time i get to see how you've developed, i want to see how you fare without me, that's why i give up my place

Nate: Well that settles it

Nate rises up and hands out a bro fist for them all, making the four join him in hitting their fists towards it. 

Nate: It's time to make a song

Wrapping up another chapter of The Pokeband

Chapter 90. WOO Party! 

Actually no, i don't have time for party cause i'm WRITING

But we're still getting closer to 100 chapters, how fun isn't that? 

Now then, what do you think of this? Ethan finally gets confident enough to get his emotions out

If you liked this chapter, votes and comments are always appreciated

Hope you have a great day next and i will see ya in the next addition to this book

Peace