Your Worst Fears

As Jason hears Lyra's words, his heart stops beating for a second. His eyes rise while he scans the boy she claims to be his son. 

The boy, or Ethan looks even more shocked at the fact, that Lyra has brought him to his own father. 

Jason: You...You aren't kidding me now Lyra?

Fear is present in his voice, but Lyra knows that it's true.

Lyra: Nope, this is your son. Your very own son that you never got to meet because his mom sent you to jail. 

The two lost family members just look at each other with open confusion. 

Neither knows exactly what to say, not odd considering that they never knew of the other's existence. 

Jason rises from his seat to get a better look of his son, Ethan for his own part just looks into the eyes of his father. 

As the pair meets, both sees the matching eye colour, there isn't a chance that it's a lie. 

But, even as he sees the same colour, Ethan struggles to believe it.

''But, how can he be my father?'' he thinks to himself. Everything in this day has happened too fast for his mind to process it. First he finds out his dad is alive, then he gets to know that his crush knows who he is, then he gets to meet the guy in rapid succesion. 

In his mind, there should be happiness due to the knowledge, but that isn't there. Instead his mind is filled with many forms of confusion, high levels of depression and now visible self resentment. 

Ethan: ...

His confusion is rampant, as is his attitude which doesn't help him much either. 

Ethan: i, i need some time for myself. 

Slowly, he backs away from Lyra and his dad, turning around and walking towards his home. 

As he does, Lyra gets visible confusion in her eyes and face. 

''Didn't he want to know who his father was?'' she thinks to herself and looks on Jason. Jason has decided to sit down on the bench again, but he seems happy. 

He is smiling, in a way that one could expect him to have got a huge opportunity. 

Slowly, Lyra gulps and asks him: Why are you smiling? 

Jason: Because i now know who my son is. I now know that my fears wasn't a thing to fear. Vic actually didn't abort him, meaning that i can become the father i hoped from the start.

Lyra: Apoligies for my small understanding, but how is your son leaving something good?

Jason: It might not be perfect, but you gotta start somewhere, he might just need to warm up and think things through before he gets used to me. And to think, that he kept my eyes even. 

Lyra: Well, at least you're looking at it in a positive way, i don't know if i could do that the same way. 

Jason takes another sip off his drink while looking at Lyra. 

Lyra: Well, i'll have to go, but do tell me when you're planning to meet him again, he might need a bit of help to warm up to you. 

Jason nods to Lyra before she walks away. Going towards her own home, wanting to reveal it all to the rest of her band. 

But, what she doesn't know, is that Ethan has no plan of trying to meet his dad. He doesn't even have a plan for further life. 

A Good While later with Ethan

Five long hours have gone by, Ethan hasn't returned home as he first thought he would. Instead he has gone into a forest, sitting alone and reflecting on what pain is doing to him, what his options are, and what to do next.

At the moment, he is sitting behind a tree. With his head in his hands, just like when he sat close to the pond his eyes are tearing up. The cuts which are still fresh, was hidden from Lyra and his dad. He didn't want others to see what he has done to himself. 

But as he continues to think over what he is doing to himself, his thoughts only reach a darker pattern. Instead of trying to reason not to do things to himself, his thoughts have begun reasoning for it to happen to him, in a kind of blame it on your existence way. 

He looks at his right arm with the three cuts, neither of them managed to hit one oh the veins on his arm, but none of them looks fine, at all(Considering that cuts never look good at all). 

''You talentless, piece of junk'' he thinks about himself, new tears stream from his eyes as he thinks harsher thoughts about himself.

''They're nothing with you, everything without you!'' he thinks, about his band. 

He feels like the band he is part of doesn't need him, do they really? They could ease the costs of five people to four if he wouldn't be there. 

But then again, if he wouldn't be there, they wouldn't have won the talent contest, or would they?

Doubt arises in him, was he really needed for the talent contest? or was he simply there for convenience? 

''There is only one thing to do then'' he thinks to himself. He takes up a scratched phone from his pocket and opens it, another batch of wet salty tears leave his eyes as he finds The Pokeband on Facebook. He enters a private chat for the five guys and types in something.

''Guys, go on without me. You're better on with four. I'm leaving''

Wrapping up a new chapter of The Pokeband.  

How many chapters do you think this book will be? Just have a guess and i will reveal it in the next chapter. AN: No need now to vote cause this was meant when the book was updated regularly, it is no secret now that it has reached 200 chapters.

If you liked this chapter, votes and comments are always appreciated.

Besides that, i hope you will have a great day next and stay tuned for more to come.

That's all great people

Peace