Marius: Therefore, for the next performances, I want all of you to go out and sing on it. 

Four of them: WHAT?! 

Now those around them even look at them, wondering why they were loud on the question. Ash, Ethan, Hilbert and Nate all look shocked at Marius's suggestion. Does he really want them all, ALL? To go out and sing on one song? 

Nate: You're serious? 

Marius looks indifferent on Nate's question.

Marius: Does it look like i'm not serious about this? 

Nate is about to answer, but realises, answering is pointless. Keeping quiet, they all think on it. 

Ash: Well, which song is first out for us? 

Marius: Well, i thought about They Don't Care About Us, the first song. Cutting out the dancers behind you so you get the whole stage for yourself. 

Ethan: Ehmmm, I don't really know how to say this Marius, but only Nate knows that dance. One day is not enough to get practiced for that. 

Marius facepalms at him, making the boys raise eyebrows at him.

Marius: Ethan, when i say to practice for a new performance, i don't mean to practice for the dance, Nate can have that alone for all he wants. Just get the lyrics into your heads, divide it up between you and then just sing it for the crowd. no sweat. 

His almost annoyed tone makes them all know that he is not making preassures for dancing. Four of them are willing to try this, but then there's the fifth member. 

Hilbert: Well, I think it's a good idea Marius, but i'm not sure all of us agree. 

Four pair of eyes turn to the red eyed teenager, who still looks indifferent in his mood. Getting the other's eyes pointed on him makes him feel uncomfortable. 

Marius: So Red, gonna man up and take the challenge? 

Red: No

This causes his bandmates to groan. Still on something so easy, he refuses. Ash just lies his head in his left hand, Ethan looks on his red eyed friend with annoyance, Hilbert is fuming while Nate is very annoyed at his refusal. But now, Hilbert has had enough. 

Hilbert: it's always this way Red. 

Red turns to Hilbert, both having not so pleasant looks present. Hilbert is beyond frustrated while Red is stubborn. 

Red: What's always this way? 

Hilbert: You always refuse, anything that gets suggested! Not a single thing you have agreed to do without persuation! Is there not a single thing you can actually accept for this once?! 

Red: No, it's simple as that Hilbert. I don't do it, case closed. 

Hilbert: You're one guy too stubborn. 

Hilbert then pushes Red behind, making more shock come forth. Red, now clearly angered, clenches his fist. 

Red: You wanna fight about it? I can teach you a lesson for doing that...

Hilbert: come at me then! I'm waiting for your little fist! 

Red comes closer, his fist tightening every second, moving towards Hilbert with determination to hit him. 

Red: Take that back.

Hilbert: Make me. Or go back to the hole and think you're so better than anyone else because you refuse every offer. 

There he spiked the devil.

Red launches his fist towards Hilbert, but just as he is in line to hit, he gets his arm torn in another direction. Then, without realising what's going on, he gets pushed behind, separated by more meters from Hilbert. Looking straight, he sees both himself and Hilbert having been pushed from each other, by Marius. 

Marius: Just like working with bickering kids who has no idea when to share toys. Hilbert, apoligise this instant. 

Hilbert: What?! He started it! 

But, he can't challenge Marius, who turns the devil look he has shown only once in front of Destiny. 

Marius: Don't make this harder than it already is. 

Seeing that look, makes everyone in The Pokeband feel frightened. Never before has any look managed to frighten them all into submission like Marius's. Though reluctantly, Hilbert gives in.

Hilbert: Sorry for that Red. 

Red however, is not ready to give it up. 

Red: keep it to yourself. 

This makes more angry feelings appear, from everyone. Marius takes a deep breath before he turns to Red, with the same devil look that made Hilbert submit. And not even him, can withstand it. 

Marius: Red, we don't have time for being a stubborn child that says no to greens. 

Red, feeling desperate, decides to play his last card. The one we all dread to hear. 

Red: Then face me Marius, i'll leave if that's what you want.

Marius: that's not what i said. 

The other boys look furious at Red for his comment, and his most used excuse for not doing stuff, is that he will leave the band. It's overused, it's cheap, and it's unnecessary of him. But like always, he doesn't understand that to rise to greater success, one has to think outside of the box. 

But Marius, knows better. 

Marius: But since you have your choices, you gotta chose your own fate. Either stay and try out the new performance style, or leave and never taste success again while your bandmates and brother become superstars. It's your choice. 

On hearing him, the four other guys become shocked. He is basically making Red chose to break out of his stubborn shell, or leave forever. Red remains silent, now knowing he has lost the fight he chose. 

''Marius, why do you have to be so unbeatable? This is insane, beating me on my own game'' Red thinks to himself. He feels his anger rising, if Marius had not known his weakness, he would not be in this impossible situation. He doesn't want to try something new, but he knows he is nothing without his band. 

Marius: So? Your choice? 

Wrapping up another chapter of The Pokeband

Honestly? I hated writing this, i ran blind on it and i don't find it a really good chapter. But i'm struggling with writing inspiration. 

And now you know, there will be many more performance chapters thanks to Cinnabar Island having another eruption. So stay tuned, if you somehow haven't died of boredom while reading this. 

If you liked this chapter, votes and comments are always appreciated.

Besides that, i hope you will have a great day next and will stay tuned for more to come.

That's all great people

Peace