Handstand kisses

"How are you so good at all these flips?" You asked, sitting on top of a block. You watched as Tom did another double tuck flip, or whatever it was called. You didn't pay much attention to the names of the flips and twists. He got up from the large mat and made his way over to you. He put his arms on either side of you and you pushed the loose, sweaty hairs out of his face. You had been dating Tom for almost two years now and always accompanied him to the gym, where he loved to practice doing gymnastics, although you were terrible at the hobby.

"I've been doing it a while." He replied, leaning in to give you a quick kiss. "Do you want to try something with me?"

"I'm not going to do a twist flip thingy." You stated, making him laugh. He took your hand and you hopped off the block. He lead you over to the empty area on the floor. When he stopped walking, you questioned him, "What are you doing?"

"Lay down. I wanna try a handstand kiss." Tom explained.

"Don't fall on me or I'll kill you." You said, laying down on the ground as told.

"You would miss me while I'm gone." He replied with a smile. He walked to the end of your feet.

"Do you trust me?" Tom asked you.

"Yes." You answered quickly.

"Don't worry. I won't fall on you." He said, with a cheeky smile, "I'll only fall for you."

"You're a dork, Tom." You laughed at his cheesiness. He kicked his legs up so he stood on his hands by your hips. He walked on the palms of his hands up to your face. He grinned and leaned down to kiss you on the lips. You smiled into the kiss, attempting not to burst into complete laughter. He pulled away and fell back, a foot on either side of you.

"I told you I wouldn't fall on you." Tom smirked, standing up and helping you up.

"Can you teach me how to do a flip or something cool?" You asked.

"I can, but I won't. I don't want you getting hurt." Tom said, holding your hand in his.

"I have you-I won't get that hurt." You reassured him, "Please? Just something basic. Not that full twist stuff, but something like a front flip."

"How about we go on the trampoline for right now? You'll be safer on there then doing a front flip." He brought you over to the large trampoline and helped you on it. "You're a klutz, baby. I'm only worried about you."

"Thanks. Thinking about it now, I would probably break my ankle before the flip even began." You laughed, thinking about the countless broken bones, fractures, sprains, and other injuries you have received over the course of your life. Tom began to jump on the trampoline and you bounced up and down with him.

"See? This is much safer." He said.

"A little less exciting, but nothing sprained yet." You replied.

"Watch out, I want to try something real quick." Tom informed you. You hopped out of the way and he prepared to do some sort of flip. You rolled your eyes at your gymnast of a boyfriend. He began to do a twist flip; again, you had no idea what the actual name for the flip was. He didn't stick the landing and instead fell over onto his knees, sticking his hands out to break his fall against the trampoline.

"Tom, are you okay?" You asked, going to him after he didn't get up. You kneeled beside him. He was groaning while clutching his wrist in his other hand.

"I think I sprained it." He said.

"Can you move it at all?" You questioned.

"No. It hurts." Tom hissed, sitting up to look at you.

"We need to get you to the hospital and get it checked out." You stated, helping him off the trampoline.

"And we thought you were the one who was going to get hurt." He laughed lightly as you exited the empty gym.

"I'm sorry you injured yourself, babe, but all that teasing about my injuries just led up to this moment. It's karma." You smirked, getting into your car. Tom slowly got in on the passenger's side, still clutching his hurt wrist close to his chest. You started the car and headed for the hospital.

"We start filming in a couple weeks too. The director's going to hate me for injuring myself." Tom groaned. "Spiderman can be a handicap hero, right?"

"Tom, if it's really just a sprain, it will probably only take a week. You'll just need to ice it and rest, maybe take some medication. Take it from me, I've had three sprained wrists before." You laughed at your worried boyfriend.

"I just hope it's not broken." He replied. He pulled out his phone to inform his mother of the mishap. The trip to the hospital was mostly filled with you trying to lighten the mood as Tom moaned on and on about how Spiderman can't have a bum wrist. The doctor gave him a sling and told him to take the next week off to rest it, giving him a long list of things not to do. Of course, that list was mostly filled with things that Tom loved to do, such as basketball and gymnastics.

"I still can't believe that I came out of that whole thing completely unscathed." You laughed as you entered Tom's room with him following you. He laid down on his bed and you set his arm up on a pillow to keep his wrist elevated. You went on the other side of him and cuddled into his chest.

"I guess we can't try to do anymore handstand kisses." Tom said, wrapping his good arm around your waist to pull you closer. You looked up at your boyfriend and grinned.

"I could try to do a handstand." You joked and he let out a laugh.

"Yeah, then we'll both be injured." He replied.

"Fine, I guess we can just do normal kisses." You leaned up to give him a kiss. Tom went to put his hands on your waist, but groaned and whined after moving his bad wrist. You broke apart from the kiss and laughed.

"This wrist will be the death of me." He said.

"You're such a baby." You laughed, "Give it a week and it'll be better." You snuggled into his chest and his good hand played with your hair.