Soft

"Why can't you just take your mask off? Just once." You ask as you sit on the roof of your apartment block.

"Why can't you give up?" The infamous Spider-man laughs.

"You're so annoying sometimes. Churro?"

"Thanks." He says grabbing it from your hands, lifting his mask up slightly to start eating.

"You know... I've always thought your voice sounds really familiar-" You say taking a bite into your churro in the middle of your sentence. The statement causing Peter to feel on edge, the girl of his dreams knowing who he was under the mask? That would be a disaster! He could barely talk to you in Chemistry class! "But I can never figure out who or why..." You continue, making Peter let out a sigh of relief. You hear it and look at him oddly. "So I do know you when you have your mask off!" You yell excitedly.

"N-n-no-no!" He stutters. "No, you don't!"

"Yes, I do! You wouldn't have sighed like that otherwise!"

"And yet you still don't know who," Peter smirks.

"True." You say sitting back down. "But I'll figure it out soon."

Peter scoffs, "Very unlikely."

"So it's someone I don't talk to very often or that I don't see very often."

"I should just be quiet shouldn't I?"

"And you stutter sometimes and nobody that I speak to stutters- oh wait."

"Oh wait?" You blush slightly and tuck your hair behind your ears. "Don't worry, you won't know him."

"Peter, she's talking about someone she likes," Karen says through his suit. "Just ask who."

"Someone you like, as in more than a friend," Peter says putting his mask back so it's fully on and sitting next to you.

"I never talk to him. He's really smart and cute, we don't talk often but he never talks back whenever I try to make conversation. Although when he does reply, he tends to stutter."

"Maybe he likes you too? And that's why he's ignoring you, cause he's too nervous to make conversation." Peter says, speaking his own feelings.

You laugh under your breath. "No, but thanks for trying to cheer me up. He likes this other girl, and it's really obvious. Like, really obvious. But she doesn't even notice him. I swear I've seen her talk to him once."

"What's his name?" Peter asks, intrigued at who it was. It sounded like a guy at your school but he couldn't think of anyone. He would have to think about it while he was at school with you tomorrow.

"You don't know him!"

"I know a lot of people. I know you, I know your neighbor, I know the old lady who lives across the street- who has about a million cats! I know-"

"You're just stating people I've told you about!"

"You could still tell me even if I don't know him."

"That's a story for next time." You say getting up. "I've got to get to bed now anyway, I have a test I need to study for."

"When is it?" Peter asks.

"In a couple of days, but I still don't understand how it works."

"Maybe you could ask the guy you like if he could help you study? You said he was really smart."

"Yeah, maybe. Well... see you later Spidey. Same place tomorrow?"

"Maybe, depends if there's trouble around." He says before waving goodbye and swinging through Queens.