Hate

"I don't get it, he's so frustrating!" You complained to your friend, throwing your hands up in annoyance as you walked out of your fifth period. She rolled her eyes, used to your rants by now.

"Y/N, he just answered the question."

"Yeah, but he was like, 'well, what Y/N here failed to point out is that-' before he gave his opinion, that was so unnecessary!"

It wasn't news that you hated Peter Parker, and it wasn't a surprise that he didn't like you much either. It had been going on since freshman year when the rivalry began. It started with a simple science fair win on him, then the decathlon being won by your final answer, and both of you suddenly tried to out-do each other in every possible way.

You had tried for months to get an internship at one of Queen's largest scientific laboratories, and when you got it, you finally felt like you had achieved more than him. Then he just happened to get an internship with the Tony Stark, and suddenly your little success felt like nothing when he bragged about it whenever he was around you.

One of the most recent blows was when you realized you had a tied GPA with him and he was your biggest competition for valedictorian, which had been your dream since you were a kid. Ever since you were little you had thrown yourself into school and extra curricular's so you would not only be the first one to go to college in your family, but also so you could give a speech at graduation and be the smartest kid in school. Every year you got closer to your goal and if you lost it, you would be so broken.

If Parker stole that from you, too, you would really snap.

"Honestly, Y/N, you just need to get laid with him and release the sexual tension," your friend muttered right as you took a sip of water.

You choked, hitting your chest, "Excuse me?"

"You guys are so into each other that you use your pent up feelings in competition," she gave you a look.

"That's ridiculous," you said flatly, "You're being ridiculous. Ridiculous."

"Stop saying that word. And no I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No, I'm not, and you know it."

"Y/F/N-"

"Hey, L/N," a voice came up behind the both of you, making you squeeze your eyes shut in frustration. "Nice try today."

"Oh shut it, Parker," you snapped, giving the boy a glare while he just grinned at you. "I had that answer, you didn't let me get to the point."

He shrugged, "I don't know Y/N, you took a while to try and get there, thought I'd help you out."

Your fists tightened against your sides as you resisted the urge to stomp your foot like some lame girl on television. "Y/F/N, let's go, Parker's ego is taking up too much space for us to stand near him."

He rolled his eyes while your friend let out a chuckle, "You guys are so petty."

You just shot a last glare at Peter and grabbed your friends arm, dragging her away before she could say something else stupid.

"I'm telling you Y/N, sexual tension," she said again, while you just shook your head, not even bothering to say anything on it. You didn't like Peter like that, you couldn't - he was your competition and he hated you. She was being ridiculous.

-

You didn't think you could get more mad at Peter, but yet again he managed to surprise you. At the decathlon meeting he began talking to the teacher about having to skip the national competition, which made you snap your head up at practice to stare at him in shock.