KIngS and QUeeNS (part 7 - smut)

She taps her bruised knuckles on the front door, hand shaking as she lowers it to her side and waits for it to open. She's thought of at least three different ways she could lie about her situation while on the drive over, but that doesn't make it any easier. She loves her Mother, has a wonderful relationship with her, and the last thing she wants to do is to lie.

The front door swings open, revealing a grinning Rachel at the sight of her daughter and her unexpected visit. "Lou, darling, what are you doing here?" she greets, that old nickname music to Y/N's ears, but she fears her Mother will never call her it again.

Ever since she was a child, her great grandmother, Norah, called her LouLaBelle, never her name. LouLaBelle became her childhood name, and Lou became a nickname. When Norah died when Y/N was ten, the nicknames carried on and stuck with her.

Y/N smiles through pursed lips and shrugs her shoulders, eyes twitching as the lies begin to crawl up her throat. "Think we should have a cuppa and sit down," she swallows, smile fading and Rachel glances at her daughter in worry.

She nods her head and opens the door open a little more, allowing her inside before she closes and locks it again. Y/N follows her Mother through the hall and into the kitchen, goosebumps riddling her skin as the memories of that night quickly flood her mind.

"Last time you told me we needed tea, you thought you were pregnant," Rachel notes from the kettle in a hasty tone, worried that maybe she's having the same scare. She hopes not, she's too young to be a Grandmother, and she doesn't know what she'll do if Lewis is the Father.

Y/N stifles a laugh. "No, Mum. I'm not pregnant," she mumbles out, toying with her fingers as Rachel pours their tea and makes her way over to the table Y/N is sitting at. She places them on the white coasters and takes a seat, leg folding over the other.

"I don't want to lie to you... I can't lie to you," Y/N sighs, brows furrowed and eyes watering. Rachel frowns, reaching over the table to grab her hands and give them an encouraging squeeze. "You can tell me anything, Lou, you know that." There she goes, using that nickname again.

"Something's happened," she softly begins, hands trembling with worry and Rachel tilts her head. "And I have to disappear for a little while," she holds back the tears, the cogs in her Mother's brain ticking away and she pulls back to sit in her seat.

"I... I can't tell you what happened, because the more you know, the more danger you'll be in," she chokes out, Rachel's eyes widening and she stands abruptly from her chair. "Danger? Excuse me? Y/N Wyatts what the fuck is going on?" she demands an answer.

Y/N only lets out a choked sob and shakes her head. "People are going to come after me, so I have to leave for a little while," she cries, words slightly muffled, but Rachel hears them. "After you? What the fu-" she's cut off by her daughter's sob. "Harrison is gonna stay with you and Livvy for a little while," she continues, sniffling back the tears.

Rachel stills. "Harrison? As in Harrison Osterfield?" she yelps, eyes stern, and lips in a firm line. Y/N nods, standing from her seat and grabbing her Mum's hands in her own. "I know you're freaking out and I am too, but Mum... I need to go," she pleads.

The Mother and daughter cry in each other's arms for what feels like years, neither one of them wanting to say goodbye. And when Rachel learns that Tom Holland will be taking Y/N away, she finds it even harder to let go. "That heart of yours is gonna get you killed one day, Y/N," Rachel sobs. She cups her daughter's cheeks in her palms and Y/N nods with a cry.

"He's gonna keep me safe, Mum. Tom and Haz will get in contact with each other every now and then, but you have to listen to him. You can't tell anyone what's going on. Not Liv, not Dad. Tell them I'm traveling for my job," she squeezes her Mum's hand.