Just Hair

R.I.P TOMS HAIR... he looks like Eminem... 

You remember that morning when he told you he'd be getting a new haircut. You got so excited since during the years you had been dating, whenever he came back with new freshly styled hair, you'd always jump on him and you wouldn't leave the bed for hours.

So, you decided to prepare a great night for the two of you.

You got off of work early and went to the store to get the ingredients for the dinner you wanted to prepare. You even bought a bottle of wine to go with the dish. You knew that Tom would appreciate anything you cook for him, so you thought a simple dish would make the night perfect.

You didn't feel like going all the way though. So you didn't buy any new lingerie or anything like that. You just wore a set that he bought for you earlier. It was a simple one, but you knew, he will much prefer you naked than in any expensive lingerie.

Tom was a simple man. He liked simple dishes, simple clothes and appreciated the time you spent together more than anything else. He didn't need you to put on a lot of make up to please him. And you loved that about him. Love how stuck to earth he was even though he became so big, he never let the fame and money go to his head, and part of it, he can thank you. You always told him straight if he began to act like a jerk when he needed that.

So, there you were on that night. Waiting for him, everything was ready and waiting to be eaten. You were watching the TV when the door opened and you heard Tessa running in. The dog found you and with a waggling tail, she went to greet you. As you stood from the couch to greet your boyfriend, he stepped into the room.

And that's when you saw him for the first time. His new shaved head.

You were in full shock for a full of five seconds, you didn't even hear him call out your name, then you had to look away.

Tom got worried.

"Y/N, baby? Are you okay?" As he approached you, he saw your shoulders began to shake. "Don't cry, it's just hair. Baby, come on! I quite like it myself." As he turned you around, he realized, you weren't crying, at least not from sadness.

You were laughing. Unable to look at him in the eyes. You were now nearly on the floor, trying to hold your laughter in. Then he crouched down to look at you and as you saw his face, you lost it completely.

You were now laughing so hard and so loud, no one would be able to stop you.

"T-Tom..." you tried to speak in between crying and laughing but you couldn't say a sentence normally.

"Alright, I'll let you laugh it out." Tom left the room to change, hoping you'd stop your laughter when he arrives. Even if he wasn't in the room, the image was burnt into your mind.

And you just couldn't stop.

You got your phone off of the couch and while still laughing, you called his brother, Harry, since you knew that he was with Tom.

After a few rings Harry picked up.

"Y/N? Something's wrong?" he asked, worried something might happened, but when he heard you laughing and coughing, he knew what was happening. "So, I assume he's home? And how do you like it?"

"H-Harry. What the fuck did they do to him?!" hearing that Harry started to laugh and hearing him, you started another fit. "H-He went from... P-Prince Charming to... the egg from Puss in Boots....Like WTF?"

"Oh my God! Y/N, that's genius! I told him that he looked like One Punch Man and he got offended, but if he'd hear THAT...!"

Now both of you were laughing.

"How am I supposed to look him in the eyes?"

"I don't know, it took me about an hour to be able to slightly look at him. And all the women at the stylist's place said that he looked more handsome like this."

"What? NO. I mean he IS handsome but that shit's more funny than sexy. I think I'll have to apologize to him."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll call you tomorrow, you promised you'd come to the park with me for the photos?" Harry often asked you to be his amateur model when he needed or felt like taking pictures in nature or anywhere. And you were happy to help him out.

"Oh, yeah. Okay. Call me then Bye bye."

"Good luck! Bye."

You placed the phone back on the couch. Petted Tessa on the head and took a deep breath.

After you washed your face a big and took another deep breath, you headed to your bedroom where Tom was.

"Tom?" you called out when you found him sitting on the bed, looking at his phone. "Are you mad at me?"

"No. I did find it funny too, and Harry laughed a LOT. Probably more than you, so no, I'm not mad. But calling me the Egg from Puss in Boots?" at that you started lightly laughing again.

"I can't. Please don't bring that up! But I'm glad you are not angry. And it's not that I hate it, there are some men out there who look absolutely sexy without hair or short hair. But you... it's a bit weird and funny to see you like this."

"I'm sure you'll get used to it. But I do need something to... help me forget, that you laughed and cried because of my hair. At least what's left of it." when he said that you had to look away. You felt him smiling at you.

"Okay, I made dinner how's that for starter?" you asked and looked back at him, he was now standing and walking your way. He placed his hands on your hips and pulled you closer, your hand went to around his neck. As an instinct, your hands wanted to run through his hair, but you stopped yourself from doing that.

"Dinner sound's lovely. Any plans after that?"

"Sure. But you might have to do it from behind, I cannot look at you dead in the eye with a head like that while achieving an orgasm."

"Why? Would you laugh?"

"Most likely. It could ruin the mood." you said.

"Then I just have to make sure that you enjoy yourself enough that you won't have time laughing or thinking about this." he said as he pointed to his head. You smiled at him and pulled him in for a peck on the lips.

"Deal." this time he pulled you in for the kiss and you got lost in it. You only came back to reality when you tried to pull on his hair. The missing locks made you a bit angry. "Just tell me one thing, Mr. Holland. How am I supposed to pull on your hair while making out?"

He raised his shoulders and made a face that said, 'I don't know'. You could tell that he didn't care.

And you were sure, you'd get used to his new look, you just needed to give it some time. And his hair always grew back quickly.

But in the meanwhile, Tom had to work extra hard so you would stop laughing at him while he tried to be serious.