Daddy Tom

Tom stood at the bottom of the stairs, his two children stood by his knees with childish grins on their faces.

Grabbing your lipstick, you smudged it onto your lips as you stared into the foyer mirror.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" You asked as you moved away from the mirror. All three of the 'children' nodded and giggled.

"Of course, love. I've done this plenty of times." He nodded as he pulled away from the children to give you a kiss on the cheek. "You look gorgeous." His eyes scanned your body.

"Tom!" You giggled. "There are children here." You said, looking past his shoulder where one seven years old and one six five years old stood. Your son and daughter.

"Right, sorry. Okay my darling, you go and have a good time. Try not to drink too much."

"I won't. I love you all!" You called out as you opened the door.

"Bye-bye, Mumma!" They called out after you before running up to their dad and wrapping their arms around his legs.

"Alright, kiddos. How about we order some pizza and watch a movie?" Tom asked as he picked up his phone. Of course, you didn't like it when your husband ordered out because the children would get overly-excited and it won't set a 'good example'.

Your children ran into the living room and rushed over to the sofa before bickering about who could sit with daddy.

"Hey, kids! Let's not argue." Tom said as he dialed the pizza place number. "Hi, can we have one plain cheese pizza and one barbecue pizza please?"

"And garlic bread! And garlic bread!" The two children chanted as the climbed onto the couch with the TV remote in your son's hand.

"And garlic bread." Tom rolled his eyes before thanking the person on the other end of the line and hanging up.

"Can we watch Toy-Story?" Y/D/N asked, pointing to the television.

"I want to watch Spider-Man!" Y/S/N yelled over her as he stomped his feet.

"Bud, we watched that last week. And the week before that. How about we watch Toy Story?"

Your son pouted before sitting on the floor where his car toys were scattered. Despite you and Tom constantly putting them away, Y/S/N managed to pull them out of the basket and scatter them around the floor. As he played with his toys, your daughter climbed up onto the sofa and crawled next to Tom.

"Hello, darling."

"Hullo, daddy." She replied as she pulled her 'Barbie' blanket around her. Tom brought her closer to him as she rested her head on his shoulder. He pressed the play button and watched as the theme song began to play.

Of course, the three of them have seen this movie countless times, but Tom enjoyed it nonetheless.

After half an hour, the doorbell rang. Groaning, Tom stood up and made his way over to the door.

"Pizza! Pizza!" The children screamed as they ran behind their dad, watching as the two men exchanged the goods. Mouths dribbling, they followed him to the kitchen as he opened the box and placed them on their plastic plates. Peppa Pig and Spider-Man.

Tom ate from the box instead of with his daughter laying beside him on the couch.

-

Your hand searched through your purse as you searched for the keys. What if the kitchen was on fire? Questions raced through your head as you slid the keys in through the door.

"Tommy?" You called out as you placed the keys on the key hanger. As you walked to the living room door, you kicked off your heels. Surprisingly, the house was silent apart from the quiet murmur of the television. Opening the door, you noticed that it was dark in the room. Blinking several times, you noticed that Tom was asleep with your daughter in his arms and your son asleep on the floor surrounded by toy cars and pizza boxes. Toy-Story played on the T.V, the credits rolling.

Smiling softly, you picked up the boxes and threw them in the trash before placing kissing your family on their foreheads.