One of Them

„Are you sure she'll be okay?"

The first words you hear after you've grown aware of your own self again, resurfacing from the dark waters of the unconsciousness you've been swimming in for who knows how long, are words you'd never thought you would hear, at least not here, at least not from them. It's a voice that's painfully familiar to you since it – like the other six – was incorporated in the nightmares this place gave you in the first few days. Namjoon.

A deep, scratchy voice follows, calm and composed.
"You know it takes time", Yoongi replies. You can hear him take a breath as if he wants to say something else, but then your leg twitches, the sheets rustle and the breathing stops.
"Did you hear that?" Jimin's voice is almost insecure, and your face grimaces at the memories of what he did to you, and how he left after. Does he feel guilty? Do any of them?

"Let's check." Yoongi sounds unimpressed, you hear the rustle of clothes and then the scrape of a chair being pushed back, and suddenly you realize they haven't been talking in the floor like you assumed.
They're in the kitchen, and their voices cut through the thick stonewalls of the castle as if they are linen sheets, perfectly clear to your ears.
Your breath, unneeded, superfluous, hitches in your throat, but before you can act on the panic that's spreading in your chest, along with a thousand other emotions you've never felt before, someone pushes the door open.

Six red pairs of eyes stare at you and you stare back. Silence builds in the space between you as you collect some strength.
"What did you do to me?", you ask. Your voice is itchy in your throat, unfamiliarly rough, and there's a tremble to it that matches the burn in your eyes. For a while, no one reacts, but then a tall figure pushes forwards through the others. It's Namjoon who now looms in the doorframe, not visible before, his eyes rest on your face for a few seconds before he moves again. He walks around the bed and after a short glance towards you, he sinks down on the mattress.
"You don't have to be scared, Y/N", he says quietly, catching your glance in his eyes and keeping it there. His jaw muscles tighten before he continues. "But we had to do this. There was no other way."

Your chest cramps up so painfully that you almost gasp, but just a second later, it explodes in a whirlwind of rage and grief, so strong that you see no other way than to raise your arm and bang your fist on the night table next to you; your first, clumsy attempt at controlling the power of destruction that's now lacing your blood. The swing is stronger and faster than any other movement you've ever attempted before, but it's still much more impactful than expected and the table splinters under your hand while the teacup that was left on it from before drops off the edge and splinters on the floor with a clear, almost painful clink.
The rage vanishes, and grief takes over. You can feel tears run down your cheeks and roll to the side, curling up in the sheets. "What did you turn me into", you manage to force out in between, voice somewhere between a growl and a sob. Namjoon's hand presses into your back almost instantly, but the soothing circles he rubs into your back – clumsily, awkwardly as well; it's not only you who has to adjust – don't help. The whirlwind of emotions in your chest doesn't die down, not for hours, and at some point, everyone leaves.
Everyone but one.

Even in your confused, shaken state, Yoongi's dark aura, looming and creeping around his chair in the corner, is nothing less than terrifying. Breathing, as unnecessary as it seems to you now, still becomes difficult with his presence weighing down on your chest, constraining your body and weakening your muscles. Even if you wanted to, you wouldn't be able to give in to the urge that your whole body is buzzing with – the urge to destroy, rampage, maybe even kill. But Yoongi's aura shackles you, pushes you into an invisible corner and forces you to go through all the pain and anger without being able to do anything about it.
You try to push back a few times, but the Sin doesn't waver. He endures the hissing, growling and the angry glances you throw at him, and finally, after what feels like hours, the storm within you calms down.

"You're scary."
The voice that comes out of your mouth is yours again. It's a little rough and strained, but it's definitely yours, and the relief you feel at the sound of it makes the ache of your tired muscles a bit more bearable.
For a few seconds, there's silence, then the pressure on your chest subsides a little. Yoongi chuckles, low and rough. "I had to be for you not to go on a rampage." There's a short pause before he continues. "How are you feeling?"
A weak smile spreads on your face while you relax your body a bit, trying to ignore the sting in your limbs as you do so. "Worn out", you reply. "Your presence is exhausting."
Yoongi lets out a quiet laugh. "Apologies", he hums. Gradually, the grip of his aura around your body starts fading and you're able to get into a more comfortable position, pulling the sheets tightly around you although you're not even cold. "I wish I could tell you to sleep and get some rest, but demons don't sleep."
The fact, the realization that he includes you in the term "demons" hurts a little and makes your chest cramp up, and immediately, Yoongi's power looms up in the corner again. A shiver runs down your spine at the feel of it.

It only takes a few moments of overwhelming pressure to make the pain in your chest fade away and you pull yourself together to sit up a little. Yoongi's dark eyes follow you attentively as you stretch, run your fingers through your hair and rub your face.
"What now?"
The question that took you a while to prepare for now hangs heavily in the air and Yoongi chuckles. "Whatever you wish", he says, cocking his head to the side. "You're not in danger anymore. It's probably going to take a while before you get used to everything, but how you want to go about that... is up to you." His lips curl into a crooked smile. "I'm curious to see what will become of you."

You huff but can't help a quick smile. "I'm locked up in this cave with you guys now, aren't I?"
Yoongi nods. "I wish it was different, but that's how it is right now." His expression flickers towards apologetic for just a moment. "It's not the best place to awaken in, I'm afraid."
You hum. "It could be worse. And on top of that, I'm sure you guys can teach me one thing or two."

Yoongi hums, eyes crinkling up as he tries to hide a grin. "Maybe a thing or two."