Prologue

Sometimes, things aren't like what we imagine them to be.
Sometimes, the world turns out to be different from what we thought it was.
And sometimes, it's a little hard to get behind that change – get behind the fact that you were wrong, that you made a mistake, or that you can't be prepared for everything.

It was never hard for you to get behind the fact that sometimes, demons aren't as bad as we make them out to be.
It was also never hard for you to get behind the fact that sometimes, humans can be worse than the devil himself – cruel, dishonest, unfair.
Not that you've ever met Lucifer, at least not so far, but the others have told you stories.

There are other things that are hard to get behind, though.
The fact that you're the Eight Sin – imprisoned for a crime you did not commit, but damned to spend the rest of the Seven Sins' punishment with them nevertheless.
The fact that on this day, it's been too many years to remember since you had been laying on that bed and blaming the devils for what they made you – a demon like themselves.
The fact that you can't return to the surface even to visit your mother's grave, which you assume is next to your father's how she always intended it to be.

But regardless of those things, the anger about it has vanished long ago, and real grief and desperation are feelings you haven't felt in a long time.
"Sunshine", Yoongi sometimes calls you with a soft smile, and he's not wrong.
If there's something keeping the Seven Sins upright, it's you – like you did from the start.

Like the sun they can't see anymore.