Escape

Flying on a dragon is fascinating, to say the least.

Apart from the fact that Heishe is flying as close to the cave ceiling as possible, probably to avoid any attacks from underneath as much as he can, the feeling of the strong body beneath you is exhilarating and scary at the same time.
You can feel the dragon's scales rub against your skin and sense the tiniest movement of each and every of his muscles. If you weren't a demon, your body would probably hurt from the sharp edges of his scales and the quite uncomfortable position you're sitting in, legs stretched wide around Heishe's back, but since you don't feel pain, you don't mind.

Because he's so large, Heishe has to teleport from cave to cave as he doesn't fit through the cracks in the walls that connect most of them. Most teleportation jumps are only a split second, no longer than the batting of an eyelid. He does it effortlessly, and your admiration and respect for him grows every time.
But it is overshadowed. Daimon is still not moving, although his back is very slightly heaving under your fingertips as you stroke his fur. You know he probably can't sense your presence, but you like to think your touch helps, now that he can't feel the pain that comes with it.

Right when you enter the first cave you saw when you entered Hell, back to lava and fire, you hear a loud crash behind you. The sound thunders through the cave along with its echoes and you whip around to scan your surroundings, fingers digging into Daimon's back.
A large cloud of dust raises from where you remember the entrance to the next cave is. Two shadowy figures step out of it, which you quickly make out as Jazkar and Uzoth.
You grit your teeth. Those two are the worst possible attackers for two reasons – firstly, they have a personal grudge against you and the Seven, and secondly, you deem them the most cruel out of them. Maybe except for Vazgan, but he's incapacitated.
"Heishe", you call to the front to alert the dragon of the approaching danger, because Uzoth and Jazkar have now spotted you and begin to follow you at demonic speed.

As a reply, the dragon hums, the sound vibrating through your entire body. Afraid that Daimon is going to be shaken off, you grab his body tighter and throw another glance back.
They're fast!, you say.
I am aware, my Queen, Heishe replies, finally speeding up. The wind rips at your hair and it almost feels as if the skin on your face will be peeled off if he goes any faster.
But do not fret. We are almost there.

As you see the orange glow of the entrance to Hell approaching, the dragon dips. His giant body speeds up to the point of you believing he will not be able to stop the fall and you stiffen on his back as the ground approaches increasingly fast.

"I don't think so!", a voice to your left booms, and then a figure slams into Heishe's flank. The impact is not enough to knock the dragon out of the air, but it is enough to divert his course and make him lose speed.
It also makes the flight shaky and you distracted enough for Daimon's lifeless body to slip down the dragon's right and start falling.

"NO!", you scream. It only takes a second for shock to set in, and another for you to instinctively throw yourself off your familiar's back and after the panther that's helplessly tumbling through the air.
While you try to accelerate your fall to reach Daimon faster, making your body as streamlined as possible, Heishe whips around to Uzoth and roars loudly.
The demon turns away and heads back in Jazkar's direction. Behind you, you can hear the dry rustling of dragon scales as your destined familiar furls and unfurls in agitation.

He growls, a deep, humming, intimidating sound, and then he darts forward in your direction.
Instead of picking you up, however, he shoots right past you. The gust of air pushes you down so that you're almost able to catch Daimon who's now dangerously close to the ground, and at the same time, one single emotion fills your entire mind as Heishe attacks the two demons to protect you.
Trust.
Unwavering, unshaking, endless trust.