Training: Yoongi I

"I see Jin is training you well", Yoongi smiles. You've just jumped down from a ledge you had been waiting on without cracking the ground beneath your feet on impact.
"He does", you reply, returning his smile, and straighten your back after the landing. "It's much easier to move, now. We haven't moved onto managing my strength yet, though..."
The older hums. "I'm sure it will be fine", he says. "Being able to evaluate the speed of your movement, even the smallest one, already does a lot. Controlling your strength will come naturally." He pauses shortly. "Controlling your mind, however, is a little different."
He motions for you to approach and sit with him. "There are three main aspects of self-control that I will teach you today. Knowing about them is one thing, implementing them another. We will get to that later", he starts as soon as the both of you have sat down, facing each other.

"First, it's the knowledge of what you can or could do, the awareness of the full extent of your physical and mental power and their possible consequences. The second one is rationality even in moments of great emotional turmoil. And the third one is to be fully aware of your surroundings, but to blind them out if necessary."
Yoongi smiles. "I'm sure it must sound like a lot, and in theory, it is. But when you fully understand them, it will be easy to do all these at the same time subconsciously. As a demon, you will be on high alert naturally, and your awareness for surroundings is raised many times over compared to when you were human. The things that sound almost impossible for a human will be easiest for you." He leans forward a little, eyes staring into yours. "What will be difficult will be the emotional part – rationality, for one, is no concept demons are familiar with at birth, even if they were the most disciplined humans before. As your awareness is heightened, so is your reaction to the things you experience. The trick is to experience them, and intensely so, but to be controlled enough to not let your emotions take over. And that is what I will teach you."
Yoongi shifts on the uneven ground he's sitting on. "Ultimately, this training will only work if I provoke you again and again with every kind of feeling until you've got the hang of it. It will be harsh, and I would love to do it another way... But we can't." He sighs. "I also can't teach you awareness of your powers. That is something that will come with time, as you test yourself and your powers. I can provide a basis, but ultimately, it comes down to you experience." The demon eyes you up and down curiously. "After all, we don't even know if you possess any abilities past the usual physical strengths." He pauses shortly to let you take his words in. "Do you have any questions?"

"Yes", you reply. His explanation confused you more than anything else. Yoongi lifts an eyebrow.
"What exactly will we be doing?"
He sighs. Apparently, he expected this question, but he doesn't seem happy about it and when he answers, he does so slowly, as if his words are paining him.
"I will provoke you, and you will attack me. That is all." The smile he gives you is weak. "There are no other things we can try, so this is the safest way to increase your tolerance and self-control quickly."
"Will it be painful?", you ask. You can only imagine that provoking you means hurting you, too – with words, or with physical strength.
Yoongi grimaces, which suffices as an answer. "Would you like to set boundaries?"

There's silence as you think about his offer. There's only one thing that comes to mind, and you quickly realize you don't want him to use it against you.
"Yes", you say quietly, searching for Yoongi's glance. "My mother."
Yoongi gives you an understanding, almost sad smile. "Understood. Anything else?"
You shake your head No.
He nods slowly. "Then... Shall we start?", he asks. Without having done anything yet, he still seems apologetic.
You give him a reassuring smile while getting up from the ground. "Yeah. Make me mad."

The two of you circle each other in the sheer endless nothingness Yoongi picked for your training. "Keep in mind, this is training. Try to remind yourself of its goal at all times – control", Yoongi gives a last warning and awaits your nod.
As soon as you bow your head in agreement, the demon's stance changes and he straightens his back. His sharp teeth glisten in a devilish smile as he flashes his red eyes at you. The change in his personality is fascinating to the point where you wonder if the person standing in front of you is still Yoongi. His expression is hungry, but you're unable to tell for what.
"Wanna play?", he purrs, and those words alone are enough to let excitement and aggression rush through your body, making your muscles tremble. You feel the suffocating pressure of your consciousness being pushed back by the instincts of the young demon, but Yoongi's voice rings in your head and you give your best to push against it.
Yoongi's red eyes burn in yours. They provoke you, but at the same time, it makes resisting the urges easier to concentrate on the tiny red sparks within them.

Until the sparks are suddenly gone, that is.
Yoongi's breath strokes past your cheek from behind you. Surprised, you try to twirl around, but your feet are frozen to the ground.
Yoongi snickers. It doesn't sound nice. "Being unable to move is not a good feeling, is it?", he rasps. His cold fingers dance up your shoulder, tickling your neck. He places his hand around your throat and applies some pressure.
"Demons don't die from suffocation, you know", he whispers, his lips even closer to your ear than before. "But it's still a very painful experience."

The demon within you snaps and you attempt to twirl around again to defend yourself, eyes glowing red, lava burning in your veins. This time, your feet move just fine, and Yoongi jumps back a few meters to avoid your swing.
"Oops", he grins lazily as he sees your enraged expression. "Guess I went too far."

In the corner of your mind that you've been pushed back into, you wonder how you're supposed to regain control, and quickly so.
Yoongi's eyes pierce through your skin. He is calm again, you realize, while the adrenaline pumping through your body doesn't fade.
"Just try, Y/N", he shouts while he gets into fighting stance to keep the demonic you entertained until you've regained consciousness. A smile flickers across his face.
"I will be fine."