Reconciliation

Yoongi's glance is as hard as you imagine a diamond to be even though you've never seen a real one, and thus it takes you a second to recover from the impact of his eyes on you. Despite his calm expression, you can sense that he's aggravated, maybe mad, because the whole room is trembling under the pressure of Yoongi's aura.

"I'm alright", you manage. You don't know what else to say, but the quiver in the walls dies down almost instantly and Yoongi's shoulders relax.
"Good", he says. His voice is softer and his glance has lost most of its cold, hard sparkle. "I heard Jungkook went after you."
You nod. "He did", you answer. "He... explained some things to me."
A smile flickers across Yoongi's face, almost to quick for your eyes to catch on to. "Yes", he says quietly, untangling his fingers and getting into a more relaxed pose. "I heard."

"You heard?", you repeat. Jungkook did his best to speak quietly, and you thought he was quiet enough for no one to hear. Yoongi chuckles and it's a familiar sound that almost makes your knees buckle with relief. Whether you like to admit it or not, his demeanor ever since your fight has been nothing short of terrifying, even for a young demon who is supposed to feel reckless, powerful and disconnected from their human emotions.
"Sometimes, he is still a bit naïve", Yoongi says, but it doesn't sound like he's scolding him. "Maybe it's because he is still young, but then again, there's rarely been a situation where we tried to keep our thoughts from one another... So it's possible he forgot just how fine a devil's ears are. Which is surprising, given that he still heard your struggle at the other end of the cave."
His expression turns worried, at least that's what you take his furrowed brows for. "Are you sure you're doing okay?"

You sigh and sit down on the chair on the opposite side of the bed, facing him. "I think so, at least", you hear yourself say. "It is just very difficult to cope with all this." You point at yourself with a vague movement of your hand. "I guess I just needed an outlet."
Yoongi nods in agreement. "I've neglected your training for too long", he says. "I apologize. My emotions shouldn't have gotten the better of me."
His words surprise you. A few days ago, he was still hell-bent on having his way, refusing to erase your mark and even kissing you. The Yoongi in front of you seems way more familiar – calm, composed and without any hidden intentions, just like you got to know him.
A sarcastic laugh slips past your lips before you can help it. "You didn't really help with all this, you know", you accuse him, red sparkling in your eyes, but you control yourself. "Being a demon now is bad enough, but having you throw your unfiltered emotions at me..." You trail off. You're not sure if he will understand. He is Pride, after all.

Yoongi wrap himself in silence and looks at you. "Go on", he then says.
You huff. "It will change nothing, whether I tell you or not", you say, digging your fingers into the armrests of your chair to keep yourself from exploding into another rage. "But I'll tell you this: I'm not responsible for how you deal with your feelings and how you express them, and if you do it the wrong way, I might not forgive you." You try to glare at him. Your words are obviously exaggerated, almost lies. You don't think you could ever hate Yoongi – despite the fact that he turned you, he did plenty for you before and after.

The demon looks right through you and his lips twitch, but he doesn't say a word and you're still relieved you let it all out.
"So that's it", he says softly. There's no sign of anger or sadness in his voice as he looks at you. "That's your answer?"
You return his glance, which is less difficult than you thought it would be. "For now", you say. "It's difficult for me to separate my emotions at the moment and..." You hesitate, unsure of what to say.
Yoongi's chair creaks as he lifts himself out of it. "It would be unwise to make any rash decisions now", he finishes your sentence for you. "I understand. But you shouldn't believe that I will wait forever, Y/N. One day, you will have to give me a definitive answer." The smile he throws you is amused, easing the seriousness of his words and the resulting ache in your chest.
"If you wish, we can go outside and train right now. If you don't feel like staying here, of course." He glances at the bed. "I could understand if you did, even just for a while."

"How did you feel after you were turned?", you ask after a moment of silence. "Did you visit the place where it happened?"
The demon seems a little surprised at the question, but then he smiles again and slowly sinks back into the chair. "I did", he says, looking up to the ceiling as if he has to think hard to recount what happened. "Though it wasn't anything poetic like a bed. It was somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Apparently, I ventured too far into the wilderness and approached one of the gates to the downworld a little too carelessly, and well..." He shrugs. "Xagire found me. He thought I smelled delicious and ripped my soul from my body, but for whatever reason he couldn't take all of it, no matter how much he pulled. It was a pretty painful experience, nothing short of what I imagine torture to feel like – for a human." Yoongi rubs his chest, buried in thought, as if he can still feel the pain of that day.
"For the most part, demons have to touch their prey if they want to take the soul. A kiss, for example, is certainly one of the easiest options. But if a demon becomes skilled enough, they don't need to touch their victim anymore to get to the soul, even though most prefer to. Ripping a soul from a body by sheer force, without touching the being, causes immeasurable pain, many times worse than what you must have experienced, and thus can cause an imbalance of flavour in the soul. Xagire didn't touch me because he didn't feel like it. He wanted me to suffer, and maybe that was his mistake." His lips twitch in a rush of amusement.

"Anyways. I don't know if what he got of my soul was tasty at that point, but he saw my potential and took me in. I never ventured to the surface of the earth when I was young, but a few centuries later, I returned to that place. Naturally, no one had been able to find my body. I found a gravestone in my village, however. But after so many years, most of your relatives are already dead, so it wasn't cared for or anything."
The smile he throws you is a little melancholic. "Being a demon definitely has its bright sides if you're not locked in a cave, but it can get pretty lonely. Time just passes, and when you look back at some point, you realize everyone is gone and times have changed." He leans forward and props his elbows up on his thighs. "Sometimes I really wonder if it is a blessing or a curse, but once you are a demon, you don't really have a lot of choices." He looks at you. "Killing a demon is tedious, slow and brutal. Believe me, I know."

"Because you killed Xagire, right?", you ask, and Yoongi replies with a grin that shows his pointy fangs. Even now, millenia after it happened, you can see the bloodlust in his eyes as he thinks back to it, and it sends a deliciously sweet rush through your body.
"Yes, because I killed Xagire, but that was a special ordeal. It was way more tedious, slow and brutal than it could have been. But I wanted him to suffer." The fangs vanish as quickly as they came.
"What I originally wanted to express is that dying is immensely difficult for demons. So should you ever decide that it is what you want..." He pauses.
"You better think hard and long about who does it and if you're absolutely sure."