Epilogue

"You were shocked."

Yoongi, currently busy with peppering soft kisses onto the side of your neck while you rest against his chest, halts in his movements and pulls back a little. His arms, though, remain slung around you over your shoulders.

"What do you mean?", he asks.

"When I took the soul", you say quietly, unable to get rid of the memory of that moment. The demons you had thought to be all-knowing and never-alarmed had looked at you as if they had seen God himself – which, of course, is impossible, but it was still a sight you never thought you'd witness. There was even something resembling shock showing in some of their faces, and ever since then, you've been unable to forget it – or stop asking yourself what it was that surprised them so much. "You all looked at me as if I was some kind of monster."

Yoongi is quiet for a moment, then he sighs. "It wasn't that", he murmurs, pulling you closer and pressing a chaste kiss onto your hair. "The thing is, not all demons have such a form, and I've never seen a demon so young turn into it – even if confronted with such a large soul. I think all of us were merely surprised." Another kiss onto your temple follows, as if to reassure you.

His explanation is unexpected. "Oh", you say, unsure of how to respond to it, since you were convinced there was more behind it. "I didn't know it was unheard of..."

You can feel Yoongi shrug behind you. "How would you have known?", he asks. "The fact that true forms exist at all is news to you. We never told you."

You perk up, turning your head so you can glance up at him over your shoulder. He smiles when he notices. "Why did you never tell me?", you ask. "I feel like that's an important bit of information. You could have warned me."

Yoongi sighs. "We didn't expect you to be confronted with these forms so soon", he says, now lifting his left hand to run it through his hair. It's obvious he's not particularly fond of this topic. "And most of all we didn't necessarily want to let you see us like that – we're not really nice to look at and mostly stay in our human forms anyway. I, for one, also didn't expect myself to lose control so easily. Seems like centuries of one soul a year influenced us more than we realized", he continues, a slight chuckle lacing his words at the last sentence. "That's about all. We didn't keep it from you with ill intent. Trust me."

His words are reassuring, but they don't quench your thirst for answers. "Can you switch intentionally?", you ask, looking up at him again. This time, his eyes meet yours. Ever since you consumed the souls, they have been deeper, clearer, holding a never-vanishing red spark that wasn't there before. "How exactly do they work?"

Yoongi sighs, but it's with a smile. "If you will, our human forms are a façade, remnants of our times as people and the sliver of a soul we still possess", he says. "Demonic forms are the simplest, most reduced versions of ourselves and our powers. They are stronger, but also require more energy to ignite. So yes – now that we have fed, we can turn into them by will."

"Will you do it for me?", you whisper. Despite your initial horror, you haven't felt anything but fascination for the Sins' true forms since, and the chance to see one of them, the one you feel the most connected to, up-close is just too hard to pass on.

Your question seems to confuse Yoongi. "I'm hearing this right", he says, quirking an eyebrow. "You want me to turn into my true form... here and now?" You can hear the disbelief in his voice, but you still nod.

The demon sighs. Deeply, this time, rubbing his forehead. "You never cease to amaze me, Y/N", he murmurs, his lips caressing your temple. "Fine. I'll do it. But stay still." Another peck onto your hair, then Pride leans back and exhales.