Chapter Eighty Four

A/n: EARLY UPDATE!

Question, PLEASE ANSWER!

I was planning to write a new book after this one... was there anything specific that everyone is interested in reading about?!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Eighty Four:

I heard myself let out a squeal as the bike crashed into the snarling figure and all of a sudden the bike tipped and Lucas and I were thrown off the bike.

It was as if we were in slow motion as I felt myself travel through the sky, my heart beat racing as I then felt myself begin to drop. I barely managed to gather enough time to stretch my arms outwards to catch myself as I watched the concrete ground quickly appear before my eyes.

My hands made contact with the ground and immediately screamed with pain as I then smashed the ground. My arms folded beneath me as my shoulders made contact, followed by my head.

I let out a small scream of pain as my right cheek dragged across the ground before the rest of my body flipped and I skidded for a few metres, my leg being dragged painfully, easily ripping through my pants and pain radiated from my thigh before I came to a stop.

My vision blurred as I lay on the ground aching with pain all over. My chest felt heavy as my breathing became laboured. I felt something poking within me. Raising a hand, I brought it to my ribs to instantly find a broken rib. It must have been the one I found to be broken before, and if it was not truly broken then, well it is now.

My head shook for a moment before faintly I heard the same snarl and the sound of footsteps. Quickly, I forced myself to my feet and felt lucky at the very fact that I could stand without falling.

Seeing a nearby pole, I put my hand out and leaned against it as I blinked frantically trying to see. After a few moments, my vision finally cleared and I softly placed one hand on my right cheek and pulled it back to see fresh blood coating my finger.

Looking up terrified, suddenly remembering Lucas, what I saw scared me to my very bones.

Lucas was shuffling backwards as he tried to manoeuvre away from the creature that had gotten up and began crawling after him. I felt shock at the fact that it was still alive.

After the hard contact with the bike, it most definitely should have been dead. Not dragging itself across the floor, missing its legs, chasing after Lucas.

"What the fuck is this?!" Exclaimed Lucas terrified as he finally got up and turned to see me standing. His eyes widened in shock and concern as he looked me over. "You okay?!"

I nodded but instantly felt dizzy after doing that. Swaying for a second before I held on tighter to the pole and finally looked Lucas over. I frowned when I saw his clothes torn and cuts and blood covered his body.

Most of them however looked only superficial, but there was one specific cut on his side seemed to be bleeding more freely which was concerning me.

As my eyes narrowed on it I frowned, Lucas must have realised what I was looking at.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. We have much bigger issues right now."

I looked up at that and felt fear once again crawl through me as hundred of those creatures were in the intersection looking for us. Watching frozen in fear, I watched one of them turn their heads and see us.

It froze for a second as its eyes narrowed in on us and let out a loud snarl. The others around it turned in his direction and saw us, creating a chorus of growls and snarls to be released.

The creature was hideous. With the face like a human, however, it showed the effects of decease on the body as clumps of skin hung loosely, cut from some force. Its jaw was unhinged, barely hanging on by a few clumps of skin. Black blood drooled from its mouth and its eyes were watery white with remnants of blood from what looked like extreme blood pressure.

As one, they began making their way towards us and all Lucas and I can do is watch in fear.

"We should go," whispered Lucas and I nodded.

Turning around we began running down the road in the opposite direction. About twenty metres down, we found the bike and Lucas picked it up. We both sat on it and I waited with my arms around Lucas so he would start. But the engine never turned on.

"Lucas, what's happening?"

He slammed his hand on the bike and quickly jumped off. Terrified, I followed suit as he grabbed my hand and began running as the surprisingly fast creatures caught up to us.

"It's broken."

Swearing, I ran even though my vision was blurry and my head was still foggy from the fall. As we ran, a few creatures approached from the front, but they were slow enough that we were able to run around them. 

As we ran, I swear I saw a creature hiding behind a bin but ignored it when we passed. However, when I heard a scream from behind us, I turned to find that the creature behind the bin was a girl.

Lucas and I paused as we turned and watched the creatures turn towards the girl as she stood frozen in place with fear.

"Come on, come on, come on," I whispered to myself willing her to run.

But she never did.

Instead, her screaming was almost like beacon as the creatures all crowded around her. And what I saw next . . . it could have been the concussion which made it worse, but made me begin to vomit up the rotten tuna from last night.

The creatures latched onto her and when I thought they were going to kill her, instead began to eat her alive as she screamed, and screamed and screamed.

I felt my own scream raise through me, but Lucas placed a hand on my mouth blocking it from coming out before he turned away. "We need to leave and get out of here now."

But there was no stopping me from still seeing as she screamed, chunks of flesh being ripped off of her as her blood spluttered everywhere. Coating herself and the creatures.

But knowing there was nothing we could do for her, we kept running.