Chapter Thirty

A/n: Hey guys! Good to see that you are here and I am here presenting you with the next chapter! Please comment and hit that star!
          *IMPORTANT* okay, so I have a few questions.
     1. Someone had asked me if I had any social media accounts relating to this book and any other future books. And yes, I do have a recently made Instagram account. So go follow it for further updates, sneak peeks and the latest news. Also, you can use the email at the end of the chapter to email me anything you want!
     2. With this book, I have already planned how it's going end, but I'm having some trouble thinking of the middle part. I have already thought of other tests I could use, but if you have ANY ideas for tests, please message me through the Wattpad DM's, and if I use one of your ideas, I will dedicate the chapter to you and even give you a shoutout. So please don't be a quiet reader, if you have any ideas please tell me.
          Anyways, thank you if you actually read my important notices, but don't forget to comment and hit that star.
          Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

_____________________________
ALSO COMMENT; if anyone wants a chapter from outside of the Resdue on Bryce's families point of view???
_____________________________
Chapter Thirty:

My heart raced in my chest as I heard the noise of a fire blazing and the sound of a building crumbling. Peaking over Lucas's firm shoulder, I watched as the building let out a crackling noise and was now red as a fire blazed through it.

And the person who believed that bricks could not catch on fire was wrong.

The building in front of me had flames erupting hundreds of metres high above the building. Through the little windows of the building I could see the flames eating and licking through everything it could.

The cold windy aroma of the night suddenly turned hot and overwhelming as the fire joined the wind and cascaded heat waves through the front yard.

Distinctly, I could hear the screams of people trapped inside. They let out such horrid sounds of pure torture and I momentarily shut my eyes as if it could block it out. The screams echoed through my head and I couldn't help the lone tear that trailed down my eye at the thought of them trapped in there.

I felt useless.

Useless as I stood out here safe, free, all because of Lucas.

Watching the tall building from the distance I saw as the infrastructure slowly grew weak. The tall three storey building slowly began to crumble down. The delicate structured pillars from the front was being burned from the bottom making it unstable.

It wasn't until the first pillar fell that the rest followed.

The first pillar had become weak and began to fall. You could hear the crumbling of cement as the pillar broke free of the ground as well as the brick building. As it fell my heart joined it.

It was as if everything had turned slow as everyone watched it slowly and almost gracefully fall. The fall descent was slow at first before it gained momentum halfway and finally struck the ground with a loud smack.

This then caused the fire blazed building to lean slightly in the direction of the font right pillar. As we watched the building tilt slightly, Lucas began moving backwards just in case. I could hear that his laboured breaths had slowed and he was more in control.